Poor old barge got a ding. :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor old barge got a ding. :(
Sad 
After almost a year of nice, reliable driving, my poor old 407 got smacked by a silly bint in an Audi that wanted the whole road. If you're sensitive to the "C" word, mute the sound. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1VFfEBK3WU

Appropriate language for the situation IMO. lol

Insurance deemed it non fault on my behalf, and because the foglight lens was broken (I may have neglected to mention it's been like that since I bought the car Wink ), they told me it was unroadworthy, and furnished me with a hire vehicle - a quite nice 2.0 CDTi Vauxhall Insignia with many toys and a surprisingly pokey engine! I wasn't keen when they told me it would be an Insignia, but I'm actually finding it quite good fun, and will actually resent having to give it back! lol

Anyway, I get the hire car for free, my car repaired, and don't even have to pay the excess. Win. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Great stuff. ive got a dash cam now and its great. I feel as if youre going a bit fast but the dash cam may just have that affect. Theyre definitely in the middle of the road though! What did they have to say for themselves?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the wide angle lens does make it look a bit faster than it was, but it was still agreed to be her fault. The guy at the insurers even said that if she'd been tucked over to her side of the road, there's a good chance the accident would have been avoided.

She didn't say much tbh, other than she was a bit shaken, we exchanged details, and went on our way. We did agree at the time though, that it's a nasty corner, with almost zero visibility, and basically that shit happens. Pissed me off slightly that it happened just yards from my front door, but what can you do?
Thanks given by:
This is exactly what happened to me coming back from sams in october! f*cking insurance went 50/50 though as there was no proof on my behalf the other dude had a dash cam but knew he was in the wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Oiiii yaw facking cant Big Grin tbf car stops almost straight away, I don't think u were going too fast, she's not on her side of the road, simples Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I knew someone would take the piss out of my accent! [emoji38]

This is the exact reason I have my dashcam fitted, plus it captures so many different examples of dubious driving on almost a daily basis! I'm just glad I did have it, otherwise I don't doubt this case would have gone 50/50 as well.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
what dash cam do you have? looks good enough quality for the job
Thanks given by:
Its an SJCAM SJ4000. Not an approved dsahcam unfortunately, so I don't get a discount on my insurance policy (load of horse shit if you ask me!), but does the job perfectly well. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunday drive out in the barge Pete 2 1,146 06-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Pete