Proctas Defender

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proctas Defender
No more engine conversions for me, its not worth the f*ck on.

(05-12-2016, 12:34 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 11:16 PM)procta Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 10:43 PM)BashRacing Wrote: 30mpg cruising
10mpg making progress

I have read that tuning these doesn't really effect the MPG, also binning off that EGR valve is a must too.

WTF is the new custom title about? Mandrake the Magician?? What's that got to do with me or defender??

think about it lol, it has everything to do with both Big Grin

i cannot see how like Confused
Thanks given by:
Do a bit of research mate lol, google is your friend if you're not old enough to remember it Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2016, 12:44 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Do a bit of research mate lol, google is your friend if you're not old enough to remember it Smile

i did google it as i never heard of it, and i cannot see where it fits a land rover or me. if you had stated the defenders of the earth, I think i may have watched that once when i was a kid
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2016, 01:48 PM)procta Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 12:44 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Do a bit of research mate lol, google is your friend if you're not old enough to remember it Smile

i did google it as i never heard of it, and i cannot see where it fits a land rover or me. if you had stated the defenders of the earth, I think i may have watched that once when i was a kid

yes dude, he's a Defender of the earth, keep up! Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'd have a hilux! If a had to buy a LR it would be a TD5 disco.

Granted defenders look cool, great off road. But that price tag, driving position, rot, slow, expensive parts, horrible seats, loud etc etc! Doesn't tickle my pickle.
Thanks given by:
Now someone's mentioned chassis's/rot what's it like? Been treated regularly inside and out?
Thanks given by:
I've heard a pedal lock works well.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2016, 03:54 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Now someone's mentioned chassis's/rot what's it like? Been treated regularly inside and out?
This one is tidy chassis wise, its had a new rear out rigger on, Been treated in the past, but it could do with a stone chip.

(05-12-2016, 04:49 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: I've heard a pedal lock works well.

Toselands just PMed me the link, I will show my dad and get a two sets ordered off.
Thanks given by:
here is one updated photo for you lads, with the windows in, I have started already upgrading too!
[Image: 2016-12-05%2013.00.47_zpsrwspux9e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Please make sure you get decent security, these are one of the most stolen vehicles in the country & I've seen first hand the lengths people go to in order to steal them!
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2016, 12:44 AM)procta Wrote: here is one updated photo for you lads, with the windows in, I have started already upgrading too!
[Image: 2016-12-05%2013.00.47_zpsrwspux9e.jpg]

factory fit windows? looks like it.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I would f*ck the windows off straight away! just makes easier access to the vehicle Sad

disklok, pedal lock, seperate battery killswitch under the seat etc etc and fit an alarm that senses someone gaining entry. Always park it in gear and on full lock so theives cant just back a transporter upto it, cut the handbrake cable and drag it on without even gaining entry!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2016, 10:34 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: I would f*ck the windows off straight away! just makes easier access to the vehicle Sad

disklok, pedal lock, seperate battery killswitch under the seat etc etc and fit an alarm that senses someone gaining entry. Always park it in gear and on full lock so theives cant just back a transporter upto it, cut the handbrake cable and drag it on without even gaining entry!
yeah already sorted him out a link to some pedal locks, 

also fit a roll pin to the door,  easy to do and means they have to work harder to nick them
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Also take a look at TrackR

https://www.thetrackr.com/

Hide one somewhere in it. You just wouldn't believe the lengths people go to in order to steal Defenders. You can put all the mentioned security on them and they still get stolen, it really is crazy.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2016, 02:49 PM)1616six Wrote: Also take a look at TrackR

https://www.thetrackr.com/

Hide one somewhere in it. You just wouldn't believe the lengths people go to in order to steal Defenders. You can put all the mentioned security on them and they still get stolen, it really is crazy.

Those only work if a user goes within 100ft so if it gets taken out of the city you might not find it.
If you don't pay for a proper GPS tracker you can hard wire in an old mobile phone and some companies will let you track it for a few quid via triangulation off the nearest masts, this covers a much greater part of the country, it's not necessarily as accurate but it would certainly get you close enough for the trackers JJ suggested to work.

I saw it done in an old issue of PPC.
Thanks given by:
Not sure if they are factory windows, I got the dealer to fit them for me, These are a pain with the sides on, after a week of using it as a daily, I think its mustard!! Drives like a boss! The lads have already called me Landy Andy or Andy sugden lol. So looks like that could be my new nick names.
I am looking into security too at the moment as a 1st call and seeing what the story is before I start rolling upgrades to it. I have done one upgrade, that's about it at present. no project thread will be posted on here, i cannot see you lads been interested in it, its not pug related. I just say got interest in the last one.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2016, 01:27 AM)procta Wrote: no project thread will be posted on here, i cannot see you lads been interested in it, its not pug related. I just say got interest in the last one.

Yeah put a thread up! I for one love my Landies, got two myself and owned a few others in the past. I know a few others on here like them too!
Thanks given by:
Way too many modifying options on these not to put a thread up, even if it is going to be a slow progress one,
I would love to see if you could brake the 200hp barrier on a 300tdi without propane/nos
Thanks given by:
Just watching Traffic Cops and they claim theft of defenders has gone up 69% in the last couple of years in the north.
Do what you can to put the shitheads off nicking it mate. Disclock on the steering wheel is a good one, saw a thread on another forum where somebody lost the keys to a disclock and struggled like hell to get it off. :-)
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
we are danny, I have got a disklok now and looking at fitting something else this weekend.
Thanks given by:
Put a project thread up, there is a few off roaders in the projects and they do attract a reasonable readership.
Thanks given by:
If you do want a proper tracker look at box telematics, software is good and they're reliable (what we use at work)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2016, 01:14 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: If you do want a proper tracker look at box telematics, software is good and they're reliable (what we use at work)

A trackers all well and good once it's gone...... Anyone can buy a jammer from China for less than $20 delivered. I'm sure people in the know can get much more powerful ones that cover more frequencies without a problem.
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2016, 07:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Put a project thread up, there is a few off roaders in the projects and they do attract a reasonable readership.
No one was really interested in my dads 200tdi that i posted up two years ago, and it will be the same for this one too.  
(16-12-2016, 05:25 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote:
(16-12-2016, 01:14 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: If you do want a proper tracker look at box telematics, software is good and they're reliable (what we use at work)

A trackers all well and good once it's gone...... Anyone can buy a jammer from China for less than $20 delivered. I'm sure people in the know can get much more powerful ones that cover more frequencies without a problem.

I saw a documentary on car theft, and i tell you what they can scan them and jam them there and then. So i am not to sure really if they are worth the investment.
Thanks given by:
I saw an interesting article on keyless cars last week. All those millions and millions spent on security, immobilisers, rolling codes etc etc. Turns out they just boost the RF signal by standing outside your front door to another by the vehicle upto 300 feet away and you're in, press the button and away! Simple logic 1 Boffins Nill.
Thanks given by:
saw a fob jammer too on the same documentary, they jam the fob when you lock, and that's it they are in. But that one can be voided if you happen to check the car.
Thanks given by:
It's all moved on a bit from using half a tennis ball to open the doors or turning the hazard warning switch upside down and bump starting anyway. It's even less effort now by the sounds of it lol Dodgy
Thanks given by:
best thing you can do really is kill off the fuel supply with a hidden switch.
Thanks given by:
Claymore under the driver's seat?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Home security is more important.
You can put all the theft deterrence you like on your car, the thieves will just break into your house and threaten you with violence if you don't hand over the keys.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proctas Address? Eeyore 7 4,698 03-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  proctas been De 306d as of today procta 4 2,668 09-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Last Post: procta
  proctas birthday gift procta 3 1,751 24-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Last Post: 306carter