stripping front carpet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stripping front carpet
So the strip out prior to cage fitting is at a mid point, only thing I need advice on is how to remove the fuel cap lever and if it's okay to unbolt the plate which im pretty surenis the door hinge as the carpet sits under them, if so what are the best methods?
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Do you really want to strip out the front carpet? ive got a cage and kept my front carpet. Keeps things quiet and no slippy feet! I think the fuel cap lever just pulls off?
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2016, 05:47 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Do you really want to strip out the front carpet? ive got a cage and kept my front carpet. Keeps things quiet and no slippy feet! I think the fuel cap lever just pulls off?

The carpet is going back in, the fab guys need it out to weld the plates. i will return the front carpet and leave out the middle and rear.
What cage have you got?
Thanks given by:
I have a safety devices. Its the only off the shelf one that allows you to keep the door cards and requires no modification to the dash apart from the lower glove box being inaccessible.
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2016, 07:43 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I have a safety devices. Its the only off the shelf one that to keep the door cards and requires no modification to the dash apart from the lower glove box being inaccessible.

Hadn't even thought about the door cards, I just got the omp one that has no dash mods needed but maybe im just about to loose my doorcards. Huh

(30-11-2016, 08:15 PM)impotentials Wrote:
(30-11-2016, 07:43 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I have a safety devices. Its the only off the shelf one that to keep the door cards and requires no modification to the dash apart from the lower glove box being inaccessible.

Hadn't even thought about the door cards, I just got the omp one that has no dash mods needed but maybe im just about to loose my doorcards. Huh

Will do a dry fit friday to find out. Getting fitted saturday, notice much stiffness from yours?
Thanks given by:
Just pops off ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2016, 08:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just pops off ThumbsUp

The lever i assume? Cheers and the hinge plate? At a guess keep the door shut, undo the bolt, remove carpet and retighten.
Phew
Thanks given by:
Duno what you mean by hinge plate?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
think its a plate support for the dash frame Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
the omp one D: bye bye door cards :'(
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2016, 09:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: Duno what you mean by hinge plate?

I'll get a photo tomorrow, see what you think

(30-11-2016, 10:13 PM)Eeyore Wrote: the omp one D: bye bye door cards :'(

Ahhhhh shiiiit Puke
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front carpet removeal procta 4 1,217 19-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  dying oem carpet Stef205 15 2,662 12-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  Stripping Front Seat ct-hdi 6 1,280 25-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Toms306