Amazon Firestick + Kodi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Firestick + Kodi
I've been using Kodi recently on my laptop just to play around, see what works and what is out there.
Found 'Exodus' is pretty handy to have and seems fairly legit:  https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install...-for-kodi/ 

Then found out you can put Kodi onto a Firestick for easier use, and then with Exodus on the Firestick you've got a decent solution for playing stuff right on the TV.

I think I'm years behind what other people ar eusing Firesticks for, but is anyone here doing similar? Is Firestick + Kodi easy to do, or are there other options that are easier/more reliable. I'd like it for F1 next year really, but not sure if you have to stream it live, or if it acts a bit like a torrent where it is on demand?
Thanks given by:
I have just been given one from my brother.
It's very good and well worth having.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Comments on the stream/download type aspect for a noob?
Thanks given by:
For f1 specifically, Acestream is quite good, actually HD too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seo Michael for instructions.

Ares Wizard then Pulse on Fire Stick. And update Pulse every week or so. But everyone has their preferred builds.
Thanks given by:
the grand tour kodi add on works well to and is in 1080 as for putting kodi on firesticks/android boxes it easy ive just started doing re loads etc for people there are some great guides on youtube search for kodi solutions his guides are easy to understand and usually what he recomends does work well as the firestick is only around 1gb you need a lite build that way they run quite fast then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ9mbc6eojk
Thanks given by:
Love my Kodi box, Wookie is a good build.
Thanks given by:
wookie lite is very good just trying mats build myself now on a kodi box seems ok 123 movie add on is very good too.
Thanks given by:
So with this say something like The Grand Tour, it's on demand, so able to be accessed anytime, and will preload/buffer an amount of the show for smooth playback even on a slightly poor web connection?

What about a live F1 race/sports do you have to watch in realtime, or can you load up the stream anytime? Mega noob question!
Thanks given by:
I think you will need a half decent connection, I have Virgin and have only had a few issues once in a while.

But yes you can watch show on demand, I have watched some sport live in realtime, but its more about finding a good stream to use.

You can pay for IPTV and better streams which still works out cheap.
Thanks given by:
Yea the good streams are becoming few and far between, especially for popular events.
Groups now charge a couple of quid a month for access to stable HQ streams.

The issue then becomes anyone running a HQ stream isn't going to give it away for free if they can charge for it.
Thanks given by:
Don't mind paying a bit for a stream, but wary they come with very little consumer protection!
Thanks given by:
what sort of download speed are you averaging im getting around 10 meg (bt adsl) take grand tour i think theres 5 links to choose from im using a wired connection straight to my kodi box as stops any wireless issues too.
Thanks given by:
I'm loading The Beast now, I presume after this I can also add on any other 'package' (?)
Wookie, Ares, Pulse, 123 Movie etc?
Thanks given by:
no other packages i dont think but any add ons such as 123 movies/grand tour etc just remember some of these packages are very big and do slow down the smaller devices ie fire sticks/lower end kodi boxes as these are only around 1gm memory.
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2016, 04:08 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Don't mind paying a bit for a stream, but wary they come with very little consumer protection!

It's not exactly legal, what do you expect??

Your local dealer doesn't operate a warranty and returns policy either.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2016, 10:22 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(24-11-2016, 04:08 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Don't mind paying a bit for a stream, but wary they come with very little consumer protection!

It's not exactly legal, what do you expect??

Your local dealer doesn't operate a warranty and returns policy either.

Maybe not exactly what  I mean, obviously not legal so investing a large sum in a streaming subscription would be a bit of a risk, short term almost pay per view would be ideal. 
If they pack up and leave or get shut down etc. 

Any good stream subs you can recommend?

I think what  I've done with The Beast  I installed is install a 'full' version, it works, but comes with a tonne of stuff in there, don't feel like  I need a lot of it so will be on the lookout for lighter builds now, but the concept is great, and when working can stream full HD even on my pretty weak connection.
Thanks given by:
you can just install kodi and than add the addons you like/use the most thats what im going to try next myself go through the addons i use that work well and i like then reinstall kodi and make it how i want it as in my own build and maybe see if i can change the skins to some thing better.
Thanks given by:
just replaced my Raspberry Pi with a fire stick

so much better with the Kodi app menues quick to load well impressed

the fire stick is very easy to load up with Kodi

im just to spoiled now with so much motorsport including Nascar to watch Big Grin

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(28-11-2016, 01:54 PM)cully Wrote: im just to spoiled now with so much motorsport including Nascar to watch Big Grin

Source for good Nascar?
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2016, 02:27 PM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(28-11-2016, 01:54 PM)cully Wrote: im just to spoiled now with so much motorsport including Nascar to watch Big Grin

Source for good Nascar?

Kodi add-on repository/video add-ons/Motors TV

most of it streams from youtube Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
specto is the best add on at the moment for anyone wanting too watch the grand tour its in tv shows/people watching section a reliable stream too and good quaility.
Thanks given by:
I am new to kodi. I am just looking a way to install kodi on firestick. I landed up on a page. But when i started following all the steps, it doesn't get proceed. Can you guys please help me out. I am stuck. I just followed this guide. http://techprison.org/install-kodi-fire-stick-working/
Thanks given by:
look for a guide on youtube there are several walkthroughs

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon Seller Eeyore 10 1,951 27-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Clarkson and Co now with Amazon prime Iceman299 6 1,447 01-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Matt
  £9.99 HIDs on amazon Jacko 100 41,561 16-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Pete