locks pop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
locks pop
When we first got our 306 estate about 3 years ago I had to repair the drivers side door loom, speaker and window problems, and the car has been great.

About 3 days ago the door locks began to play up. Lock the doors with radio fob button and they would lock then unlock. I checked and all doors where closed properly and tried again. They behaved.

Today I found the car unlocked, maybe I didn't lock it properly yesterday.

Tried to start the engine and no go. Good cranking and I'm sure I could hear the tank pump. Still no go, so open and close the drivers door and retry, bingo, she starts thank god.

The radio key fob had a new battery about 2 years ago and seem to have enough range.

Am I correct in assuming a possible problem with the door loom again, a make a break contact in one of the wires to the door?

Which colour wires would I be interested in for the lock popping problem please?

Is a repair section available with the car loom side connection and say 2 foot of wires, or is it a visit to the scrappy for this part, if I should need it ?

I have yet to check the water drain under the wiper motor for blockage but last time I checked ( do it fairly regularly as I had found it flooded soon after getting the car ) it was ok.

All help and advise greatly appreciated as I am still learning with this car.
Thanks given by:
you're right it will 99% be the door looms, way i go about it it giving them all a good tug and seeing which ones break, often the core fractures and the outer plastic on the wire stays intact . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but which wires are specific to the locks please ?

and does pug do a repair section, the connection from the main loom with its moulded "plug" and say 2 foot of wires, or is it a trip to the scrappy ?
Thanks given by:
I've fixed the problem on half a doz cars but I couldn't tell you the colour sorry, I always just have a tug lol, I add an extra section of wire to all the broken ones, dab of solder, tape it up and done
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Common fault as Matt has described. New battery in fob wouldnt hurt while you are at it tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cool, checking and hopefully fixing this afo, cheers.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking broken.... And my keys don't fit the door locks... rtha6551 4 1,750 29-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno
  ph2 locks & barrel in 2 ph3 puglove 1 1,264 28-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Last Post: puglove
  central locking locks and unlocks Piggy 7 3,134 20-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Piggy