Review: Nankang NS2Rs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review: Nankang NS2Rs
Hi All,

Recently purchased four 195/50/15 Nankang NS2Rs for £60 a corner and £15 delivery from Demontweeks. Then a further £60 to fit so total £325 for a tyre package fitted. Also came with four "lightweight race valves" which went straight in the bin. These are in the 180 street compound but are also available in a 120 race compound which I couldnt find.

Tyres were bedded in for 350 miles on the trip to and from expo before doing a full track day at Snetterton. Having previously run UniRoyal RainSport 2s these were much better. The sidewalls are reinforced and they are super stiff. Tyre fitters were swearing trying to get them on and they still wouldnt pop with 100psi in them.

They weigh a lot more so the rolling weight of the wheel is more but the grip is much better. They are a control tyre for the mini challenge and mx5 race series so are obviously taken fairly seriously at that level.

In the wet at snetterton there was very little grip whatever tyre you had however after the track dried out a bit I had a lot of confidence in the grip. There was very little wear at the end of the day and the tyres were sticky when I came off track with very little of the melted rubber usually picked up after hard cornering. For people using these on track I started with 25psi all round and ended up with NSF 33PSI, NSR30PSI, DSF, 30PSI, DSR27PSI.

For £60 a corner which is the same cheaper than a premium road tyre in the same size I would definitely recommend them. They are probably about 70% of the way to R888s.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport...ns-2r-tyre

[Image: NankangNS2R_L.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Awesome, when i finally get a set of wheels sorted these are what i intended on buying due to the price diffrence. Sams (bates) gti6 had them on in the dry at fcs a couple of years ago and they were epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
My test was done on a wet day at snetterton so I look forward to them being even better int he dry. As the track dried out they were noticeably better so cant wait to see them on an even better day!
Thanks given by:
I run these on my Xsara and was very impressed with the grip available once they were warm! They were also used in the FuncupUK series last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I thought these were ok, certainly on par if not better than ad08r?

NS2R - not to be confused with the cheap NS-2
Thanks given by:
i had them once, 5k and i killed them. Same treadwear and size. Didnt like them one bit moved to ad08r's never looked back.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2016, 04:48 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: NS2R - not to be confused with the cheap NS-2

definitely not to be confused!
Thanks given by:
These review threads are new and should be for reference only and not a discussion. Please only comment if you have an experience of the product.
Thanks given by:
Had these on the megane - for the price and quality - they're seriously good in the twisties - never let down at all... Would highly recommend and use again.
Had them in 180 compound
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I picked a set of these up from eBay for £130 with 7mm of tread on them in the 180 compound.

Pros
- Cheap
- Take a lot of punishment before going off
- Wear reasonably well

Cons
- A little squidgy and short on steering feel

I went for the 195 55 15 but would been keen to try 195 50 15s to see how they compared.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2016, 08:14 PM)reese Wrote: I picked a set of these up from eBay for £130 with 7mm of tread on them in the 180 compound.

Pros
- Cheap
- Take a lot of punishment before going off
- Wear reasonably well

Cons
- A little squidgy and short on steering feel

I went for the 195 55 15 but would been keen to try 195 50 15s to see how they compared.

Is Nankang better than Nexen tires?
Thanks given by:
I use nangkang ar1 and they have been much better than r888 and ad08r I had before.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Uniroyal Rainsport 2s Eeyore 5 2,675 05-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Joep83