Turbo Advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Advice
Right now then people. I have a question about turbos because they confuse me alot.... i know how they work ect thats not the problem my problem is what turbo is what and how to tell the differences. I know about VNT turbos and all that jazz but its when i look at getting a turbo to put on the old xud i get very confused.... There is always TD04 everyone knows that one for top end boost ect but when it comes to people talking about like GT2056 or a GT2056v ect might as well be talking in code to me since ive not picked up which one is which and which one is best for bottom mid and top end ect ect. pretty much just want to know a quick list of which turbos are commonly used and where they are good.

Cheers Phil
Thanks given by:
What sort of power delivery are you after, low spool up or more high end etc? And what power are you aiming for?
Thanks given by:
go for a

gtb2056vl

cheap enough now, not worth bothernig with older tech imo

good for 200bhp, will spool fantastic
Thanks given by:
Whilst I'd agree with that if you want big power, I'd also say that if you're looking for an easy and reliable  150 bhp with a few supporting mods then I'd go for an IHI rhf5 off a kia sedona. £40 will buy one on eBay and they seem to be absolutely bombproof.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
hmmmm tbh i think i will be looking at sort of like mid range boost i was thinking about going old school td04 but i dont want to be kicking its head in all the time to keep it on boost when its my reliable daily. i already have a race car i fix all the time haha. I keep looking at turbos but my problem is i have no idea which one is which anymore and people saying you cant or shouldnt run a VNT on a XUD without aurdino ect. I think ill look at the IHI and the GTB i shouldnt have much bother making one fit since i have access to alot of kit to make things.
Thanks given by:
The GTB is a VNT turbo. As a general rule anything with a V in the name will be VNT.
Plenty of people, myself included, have fitted GT2052S turbos for fast spool, mid output power and been happy. I have had a TD04 from a subaru also and quite enjoyed that as well.
It's all horses for courses really, depending on the budget/effort you are willing to put in.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
ive ran an rhf5 and a gt2052s, i would personally pick the gt20 over the rhf5. saying this though its exactly what danny said its personal prefrance really. some people enjoy the td04
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i think i might look at running a gtb2052 or 2056 im planning on pulling engine out soon anyway so i might look at fitting one if i have engine out will be much easier when i can see whats going on haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D turbo conversion advice wanted adampug 10 3,402 28-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Last Post: adampug
Star Turbo change advice on xud ashdturb 2 1,140 19-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post: ashdturb
  Bigger Turbo Advice Conor_DTS 3 1,712 19-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe