Cleaning low pressure pump pick up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning low pressure pump pick up?
The idle on my car still fluctuates. I have cleaned the fpr out before and it didn't make much difference. I am wondering do you think it would be worth cleaning out the low pressure pick up pump? I could do that next time the tank is near the bottom.

Is it something worth doing as a preventative measure as well or just leave it until it clogs up and causes issues? I have a feeling being a city car before I owned it it was probably only fueled on supermarket diesel.
Thanks given by:
If this is what i think it is then the fuel pump just unscrews from under the drivers seat rear seat and pulls out. Should be easy no matter how much fuel is in there. Not sure the best method of cleaning. Possibly a bit of petrol and looking for any obvious debris?

What about the fuel filters? Replaced those as well?
Thanks given by:
Easy enough sounding haha. Hopefully as easy in practice.
I have read the guide as well and don't look too bad.

As for filters they have been done yeah. Get done every 2nd time I do the oil so every 12k so far since I have owned it Smile
Thanks given by:
You change oil every 6k??
Thanks given by:
Yeahh haha. It's not expensive. And I give my car some good abuse lol. Probs a little over the top though still.
Thanks given by:
LP pump is easy enough to replace. Get some WD40 and spray it around the big plastic ring to help loosen it. To unscrew the ring, I used a hammer and a large flat screwdriver with small, light taps to "shock" it free. Same with screwing it back in. Just be ready to have a bucket to drop the LP pump into as it's VERY messy. Oh and tissues. You can never have enough tissues!
Thanks given by:
Tip of the day: open up a bin liner and tuck it in all the way round the hole to use as a funnel, most of spilt diesel drains straight back into the tank.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
See my video guide...
Its for the xud.but same idea.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What pressure does the LP pump run at bashbarnard 10 3,108 21-03-2017, 06:53 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  306 hdi high pressure pump Dougieboy1 18 2,902 08-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Upgraded fuel pump and pressure sensor JTaylor2005 18 4,140 04-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Poodle