12mm fuel line 306 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12mm fuel line 306 hdi
Due to being stupidly low I ripped off my fuel lines on my 306 hdi I have now fitted sheet metal to protect this issue. I want to replace the full feed line to 12mm piping how many metres would I need? Has anyone ever done this mod to an hdi? I know plenty have done it to xud engines but havnt heard much about hdis. Its also going to feed my R70 pump. Will there be any benefits or point I'm upgrading the return line if so I would be thinking 10mm. 

Thanks I'm advance
Thanks given by:
People have tried it before, but have never proved that it gave any benefit. I've yet to see somebody find the standard fuel line to be a restriction, it doesn't seem to be an issue on the cars that were running 200bhp+, so unless you're heading north of that i don't see the point. It's not like an xud where the pump has to draw the fuel itself, the inlet lines are pressurised and fed by the lift pump.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2016, 05:19 AM)Poodle Wrote: People have tried it before, but have never proved that it gave any benefit. I've yet to see somebody find the standard fuel line to be a restriction, it doesn't seem to be an issue on the cars that were running 200bhp+, so unless you're heading north of that i don't see the point. It's not like an xud where the pump has to draw the fuel itself, the inlet lines are pressurised and fed by the lift pump.

I've had to replace the majority of the fuel lines already this is my reason for thinking about doing this. I am going to do it anyways. I know it hasn't been proven to be a restriction but it also hasnt been proven not to be a restriction either. 200 bhp + cars could of gained a few bhp by bigger lines although again they may also not as it was never tested so we don't know.

Thanks for your reply
Thanks given by:
Who has upgraded lines on a hdi?
Thanks given by: