Idle Roaming on 1.6 meridian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle Roaming on 1.6 meridian
Hi all, upgrade to half leather seats over the weekend which fixed an airbag light fault I had but has now created another issue. I noticed this morning on the way to work that the idle revs speed is roaming between 800 to 1200 rpm when I come to a stop, a tap on the throttle seems to bring it back to sit around 900. How to I go about getting it back to a constant idle speed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
My 1.4 meridian has always done the same thing but revving doesn't do anything for me, i have to bring the clutch to the bite then back off and it'll go back to normal, highly annoying at the lights but i've just got used to it now.
Thanks given by:
My main concern is that I need to MOT it next week and i eont know if it will affect the MOT this being the first car I've owned I've never had to do one before

Thanks given by:
Shouldn't affect the MOT at all unless the emissions were already on the cusp of failing at idle.

There are loads of things that can cause hunting unfortunately and a lot of cars do it. Best bet on a 1.4 would be the idle control valve (ICV) but its certainly not the only possibility.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the info Tom I'll stick it on the list of crap to look at eventually haha

Thanks given by:
Mine has never been picked up on an mot so should be fine, my icv is ok, think mine is the lambda sensor should really change it.
That's another possability you could check on yours.
Thanks given by:
Check the condition of your battery or battery connectors. I've just recently resolved a problem with my automatic 1.6 trying to idle at 2,000rpm.  At first I thought it was my ICV as well although it only seemed to happen on a cold engine, i.e when battery load is higher than normal. This also only seems to occur during the cold winter seasons. Its not funny trying to brake in an automatic and it decides it wants to keep going!  The only way to stop it was pulling over, switching the engine off and resetting the ignition/restarting the engine.  Rofl

Replacing my shoddy negative battery lead and having it securely fitted, my idling issues seem to have vanished. Possibly something to consider, hope this helps.

[/align]
Thanks given by:
Vacuum leak!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extremely high idle rev on 1.4 Meridian Pughawk 3 2,482 23-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Nexus