HDI hesitates during acceraltion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI hesitates during acceraltion
Hey, I was wondering if someone knew where the throttle body is located in a 306 2.0 hdi turbo. (Struggling to find a diagram online) The car hesitates to accelerate sometimes, feels like it's being starved of fuel, when you floor it sometimes it won't do anything for 3 or 4 seconds. Seems to be getting wrose everyday. Maybe the position sensor is to blame?  Doh
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2016, 11:15 PM)Pdornan963 Wrote: Hey, I was wondering if someone knew where the throttle body is located in a 306 2.0 hdi turbo. (Struggling to find a diagram online) The car hesitates to accelerate sometimes, feels like it's being starved of fuel, when you floor it sometimes it won't do anything for 3 or 4 seconds. Seems to be getting wrose everyday. Maybe the position sensor is to blame?  Doh

Diesels dont have throttle bodies, well at least not on any ive seen. It could be a load of things to be honest. Ideally you want to get it plugged into peugeot planet and have a nose at some live data.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: Pdornan963
Sounds like a knackered MAF tbh, try unplugging it. Its just behind the airbox with a flat grey plug.
(16-10-2016, 06:51 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(15-10-2016, 11:15 PM)Pdornan963 Wrote: Hey, I was wondering if someone knew where the throttle body is located in a 306 2.0 hdi turbo. (Struggling to find a diagram online) The car hesitates to accelerate sometimes, feels like it's being starved of fuel, 

Diesels dont have throttle bodies, well at least not on any ive seen. It could be a load of things to be honest. Ideally you want to get it plugged into peugeot planet and have a nose at some live data.

Thanks very much, never knew that. It's the first diesel car I've owned. Thought I'd switch from petrol after my rx8 drained the bank account. And I'll try that thanks.

(16-10-2016, 08:47 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Sounds like a knackered MAF tbh, try unplugging it.  Its just behind the airbox with a flat grey plug.

Thanks for advise, hopefully that is the problem as it sounds like a easy fix.
Thanks given by:
If it is just the MAF it's easy to swap out...but not cheap for a new genuine one and most of used ones are ruined now.
It does sound like a maf issue, if the performance improves with it unplugged then you have found your issue. Has the car been serviced recently?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Diesel's have no throttles, it's the fuel which is regulated, not the air intake. If your car is an early one like mine (99 T), unplugging the MAF will cause an engine light and will go into limp home mode.

Position sensor can be checked through OBD, although unlikely to be it. I would really whack it on OBD, even the cheap ones. When you floor it, does the MAF sensor not detect an increase in air mass?
(16-10-2016, 08:24 PM)Poodle Wrote: It does sound like a maf issue, if the performance improves with it unplugged then you have found your issue. Has the car been serviced recently?

Yeah unplugged it and it's stop giving issues, looked at the air filter and it's seen better days. So I'll try and replace the sensor and filter. Thanks

(17-10-2016, 11:52 PM)BiG K Wrote: Diesel's have no throttles, it's the fuel which is regulated, not the air intake. If your car is an early one like mine (99 T), unplugging the MAF will cause an engine light and will go into limp home mode.

Position sensor can be checked through OBD, although unlikely to be it. I would really whack it on OBD, even the cheap ones. When you floor it, does the MAF sensor not detect an increase in air mass?
Yeah unplugged the MAF sensor and it runs alot better now, so I'll just replace it and service the car. Many thanks

(17-10-2016, 11:52 PM)BiG K Wrote: Diesel's have no throttles, it's the fuel which is regulated, not the air intake. If your car is an early one like mine (99 T), unplugging the MAF will cause an engine light and will go into limp home mode.

Yeah unplugged the MAF sensor and it runs alot better now, so I'll just replace it and service the car. Many thanks
Thanks given by:
Glad you found the issue. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: