LDV Pilot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LDV Pilot
Hi as well as owning a 306 TD I also have a LDV Pilot its the later 1 with the DW8 earlier 1s had the XUD,i have had all kinds of trouble with the electronics on the Dw8,what I would like to know is it possible to fit the XUD non electronic pump and injectors to my DW8 and have it run, apart from powering up the stop switch are there any other problems (is it compatible and can  I leave most of the wiring in situ and use existing glow plug wiring ) thank you in advance
Thanks given by:
Hi this is not possible as the engine block where pump bolts is different oh well Angry
Thanks given by:
The actual pump or the cradle that holds the pump onto the engine?
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2016, 01:47 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: The actual pump or the cradle that holds the pump onto the engine?

The craddle that holds the pump is diffrent. Sack it off. Buy full bosch setup lines injectors. Fit an xud braket, two holes line up two need adjusting. Timing is almost perfect pump may need to go a tooth one way or the other though. Overall pretty simple to do in a day or so Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Dw8 came out to day XUD engine going in tomorrow,just a lot of redundant wiring to sort out Censored  Thank you to all who replied, Think I will be happier with the XUD I'm more familiar with them
Thanks given by:
I had a bosch from a 306 fitted to my DW8 in the 305. Needs a few modifications, but will bolt on after
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Remove rubbish dw8.

Fit epic xud9/11 and add much boost.

Van win ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Actually the DW8 is a good engine, only thing letting it down is its rods. Performs well with little boost.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I used to have a DW8 306 - surely the noisiest (clatter/knock) diesel ever made LOL
Thanks given by:
change the hole engine for a xud its defo doable i know of one thats been done only problem was the intake manifold needed shaving to clear brake servo (non tmic one) i think
google the ldv pilot forum (yes there is one or it might just be a ldv forum now been done a few times

also if you google rwd xud you'll find lots of info what clutch plate etc to use to mount it to the box Smile
Thanks given by:
The XUD is in just got to sort the wiring hopefully have it running over weekend
Thanks given by:
Van runs but cuts out after a couple of seconds, pissing fuel out lucas pump throttle spindle lot of up and down and side to side movement Doh Dodgy  anybody got a Bosch set up for sale
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LDV pilot RWD gearbox THE_Liam 23 14,743 10-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam