306oc Lake District Meet - 13/14th May

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306oc Lake District Meet - 13/14th May
Hi All,

We are planning a lake district trip to drive around and take on some of the roads up there. Please add your name to the list if you are able to come. This hasnt happened for years and I would really like it to happen this year!

Date: Saturday 13th to Sunday 14th of May.
Accomodation: TBC
Route: TBC
Activities: Pub, Drive, Pub, Sleep, Breakfast, Drive, Pub, Home.

Please discuss, provide thoughts and experiences, what will and wont work etc. If you know of all the good driving roads please share routes etc.

1. Eeyore
Thanks given by:
100% in, loads of good driving roads, few nice passes in the Lakes, many nice roads and scenery! Driven most roads in the Lakes so if youd like me to sort out a route Sam PM me a few details of what your looking for. The photo of my car next to my name on the left is actually at the top of Hartside Pass (in the Lakes pretty much) and is one of the best driving roads around! PSCUK enjoyed it when I went over it with them last year in all their 205's. Lakes isnt too far from me, 1-1.5 hours.
Thanks given by:
was a great meet a few years ago when we did a weekend camping meet. I would be up for this, work permitting.
Thanks given by:
I'd be up for it assuming it doesn't clash with Pugrun 2017. I would suggest not doing it in easter mind, as all the roads will be rammed and campsite prices will be hiked.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm so up for this

Was in the lakes a lot for work this year - and even though its far away - it blew me away for stunning scenery and being a totes boss place to be.

Loads of decent roads around that way too.
Thanks given by:
I could be up for it depending on dates etc.
Thanks given by:
Could be up for this too, work in the lakes at least 1 day or 2 each month.
Thanks given by:
Up for this as well, wouldn't go Easter weekend itself tho
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I'm keen, I love that area of the country
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'll be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
If we get enough 306s going we could see if PFC would do a piece on the event, they've done a bit on a Clio club's show and a road trip like thing in this months issue
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I might be up for this, as a site newbie and my 306 is not my only car I look forward to enjoying it on days like this and taking the old girl over the 200k mark Smile only 11k to go! Been in my family since it was 2 years old and had 35k on her so I know it well! Going to give it some love before tho, she has had some scrapes whilst out on loan to friends!
Thanks given by:
Date confirmed Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th of May!

1. Eeyore
Thanks given by:
How much leighway with mileage and route is there? Lake District will always be too busy with tourists etc to have much fun, Pennines are nowhere near as busy and have better driving roads IMO. Great mixture of some top A and B roads in the route below.

This is the route id suggest: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Kendal...!3e0?hl=en

Kendal up the A6 to the M6 (chance to take photos in a convoy), off at Penrith and up then down the other side of Hartside Pass to Alston, along some lovely rounds to Middleton in Teasdale and Barnard Castle (both places do awesome fish and chips), then onto the A66 and off for Tan Hill Inn for drinks/food/photos, then back to Kendal via a few miles of the top of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Incoporates some of the Lakes/the Pennines and the YDNP over 134 miles, awesome views, roads and food!

1. Eeyore
2. MY95
Thanks given by:
I'm a maybe for those dates as we're in Scotland the week before
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
1. Eeyore
2. MY95
3. lolsteve (maybe as it's birthday weekend so plans might crop up)
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
1. Eeyore
2. MY95
4. Chopper5000
Thanks given by:
1. Eeyore
2. MY95
4. Chopper5000
5. Poodle (?)
6. Orta (?)
7. Pompey306Mark (?)
8. Frosty (?)
9. ZX_Volcane (?)
10. Ozonehostile (?)

Ive tidied the thread and updated the list and put (?) that expressed a strong interest in coming. If people can commit please update please post the list again removing the (?).
Thanks given by:
As much as i would like to make it i think i may struggle to make this this year. Will see nearer the time though.
Thanks given by:
I can definitely do the 13th and 14th.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Nice. ive got it in my calendar. Keep adding the names to the list!
Thanks given by:
bump! starting to properly organise the route and accomodation now. Can people confirm that they are able to come please! Will help to now numbers etc!
Thanks given by:
Im in
Thanks given by:
Sorry im not going to be able to make it this year.
Thanks given by:
Guys, this is drawing closer. Do we have anything definite so we can book stuff?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I've been chasing people. So far its only me, Orta and my95 that seem to be definite :'( I'll give it another push this weekend and we can decide by Monday.

If you do want to come put your name on the list!
Thanks given by:
I'll be there I only live 60 miles down from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
1. MY95
2. Eeyore
3. Orta
4. Chopper
Thanks given by:
I was hoping to get more people to come to this. :/
Thanks given by:
Can't believe there's not more people up for this! Sam can you not knock up Sam and the others from your end ?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,798 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  306oc Christmas Meet 2017 - 2nd/3rd December - Coventry Eeyore 26 21,839 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM
  306oc Christmas Meet 2016 - 3/4 December - Leicester Eeyore 43 18,336 04-12-2016, 09:31 AM