Next car?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next car?
I am searching for my next car and would like some ideas. I am after an estate car, with awd and with a good safety rating. The car will be used for going up and down motorways, mainly in mainland Europe/nordic regions.

Requirements:

1. Year 2006/8 minimum
2. Estate
3. AWD
4. Diesel or Petrol not fussed.
5. unto £5000 max
6. Manual
7. Euro NCAP 5 Star

Thanks in advance! Smile
Thanks given by:
Could struggle finding a 4WD estate that new for under 5k (cant be that many 4WD estates that age around anyway), sure people will be along with some good ideas though.
Thanks given by:
I guess you're right, maybe I can also look for slightly older cars. I don't mind it having a large engine, even high mileage is OK depending on car.
Thanks given by:
I'd be looking at an Audi A4 Avant Quattro!
Thanks given by:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...asc&page=1

Toseland will approve (Think he had one?
Thanks given by:
XC70? Saw hundreds of them when over in a Sweden last month. Question tho, if it's going to spend most of its life on the wrong side of the road why don't you get a LHD?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Just been looking in to the Audi A4, seem the tdi engines have a issue with the oil pumps failing on the 2L models. I guess it is best to look out for the 2.5/3.0 tdi. Anyone know much about these engine?

I do like a good Volvo like the V50 and V70, how do the V70 drives compared to the V50? Good shout on the XC70 I will look into them also.

I prefer driving RHD cars even in LHD countries, and I don't spend all my time out there just long periods of time, currently I am in California working. Also because I want to keep the car on UK plates and it can become more expensive if the car is not RHD.

Thanks for the ideas everyone, liking them! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Probably something like an A6 Allroad would be good.

AWD rules out a hell of a lot, you're limited to stuff like Audi quattro, maybe some Subaru's & Volvos etc.
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2016, 03:58 PM)1616six Wrote: Probably something like an A6 Allroad would be good.

AWD rules out a hell of a lot, you're limited to stuff like Audi quattro, maybe some Subaru's & Volvos etc.

That is true, AWD rules out a lot.

I do like the sound of a A6 Allroad, it is a large estate and would make it easier to carry things. Keeping a look out for one of these!
Thanks given by:
Passat Estate 4-motion would be an idea, they're practical and come with a range of different engines from a 1.9TDI to a 3.2 V6. They are a little rarer too!
Thanks given by:
Found one Passat 3.2 v6 on eBay, very interesting I do like it. But it seems I am learning towards the A6 Allroad. Only concern with the A6 would be the air suspension. Anyone have any good advise about the A6?
Thanks given by: