306 S16 Aluminum Radiator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 S16 Aluminum Radiator
Sad 
Hello guys,

My radiator apparently gave up, on a "hill climb" with some friends, well the car started overheating and when i stopped the engine turned off. I open the radiator cap (radiator and top hose was cold as ice), turns out there was no water in the radiator. So let the car cool off, put some water, and surprise surprise ! Water all over the place, I'm almost certain that the radiator as a hole in it. Dodgy

Well all that to ask you guys, Im searching for an all Aluminum Radiator of the S16 I tried to find but i could only find 306 GTI ones, can you guys give some help and tips for the brand and quality of the Radiator ?

Thank you
Thanks given by:
Iirc the nissens gti6 ones fit the S16. Apparently there is something that get blanked off that's all. The bung is with the rad too.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 05:12 PM)aaron6 Wrote: Iirc the nissens gti6 ones fit the S16. Apparently there is something that get blanked off that's all. The bung is with the rad too.

The nissens ones that you are talking about are full Aluminum ? Or is like OEM ?

Probably what is need to get blanked is this part am I right: ?

I don't really know what that is for. All i know is one goes to the back of the engine, the other one goes to a steel pipe near the valve cover, i don't know if that's needed

That part in red

[Image: 6cc8bb4276ef4a02be20840a814d3985.png]
Thanks given by:
The S16 has the 2 extra take off's as above, the 8v XSI is the same and maybe some other models, Nissens thou should do one to suit
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 07:19 PM)miles Wrote: The S16 has the 2 extra take off's as above, the 8v XSI is the same and maybe some other models, Nissens thou should do one to suit

That connection does anything else ? The Nissens you mean like this one: ? Like the stock radiator for peugeot but the nissens one right ?

[Image: thumb?id=1989438&lng=pt]

If i buy this one, and remove that hoses or blocking them will that be ok ? Just beacause this is a GTI6 radiator and doesn't have that.

[Image: ALUMINUM-ALLOY-font-b-RADIATOR-b-font-FO...ITROEN.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminum Radiators - Help Lwilliams 16 2,921 11-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Lwilliams