New Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Daily
Finally took delivery of my company car. It's a VW Touran 1.6 110bhp TDi with DSG auto, adaptive cruise control and is pretty well... grey!

Beats my old hanging Avensis!

It's f*cking huge! So if anyone needs anything fetching and carrying around the midlands hit me up! I get free fuel so happy to help anyone for a few beer tokens.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by: daniel909
As I asked on the gti6 forum, are you still based in Hinckley?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Hey dude, was until last week. In Peterborough now!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Wow that big.reminders me of a American mpv.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2016, 09:55 PM)Orta Wrote: Hey dude, was until last week. In Peterborough now!

Ah damn haha. Could have done with moving stuff around help in a couple of months!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Send me a PM of when and where closer to the date dude might still be kicking about. And will defo help if I can!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Hired the 2.0 140 diesel version of this last year, was impressed! Did about 300 miles in it, great cruiser on the motorway and very easy to drive for such a big car even round town (not the easiest to park though!), very spacious inside with 7 seats and a big boot, cornered fairly well, pulled well for such a big car too and was very smooth and revvy, loved revving the tits off it with the DSG, love the DSG gearbox though... just amazing! decent on fuel too for its size, just not cheap! Can imagine the 110 being a bit of a chore to drive though with 30 bhp less.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the 110bhp is a bit sluggish but put it in sport and it's ok
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Ah the 110 is all about MPGz man not speed. They do silly MPG if you nurse them, like 70+. IIRC it's free road tax if you get manual, though not the DSG.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
[Image: royG8J.jpg]

Other 1 came to its 18 months so new one arrived today. Gone with the Touran again as the options are still just this or an a3. Managed to rack up 42,789 miles in the last 1 so aiming to beat that this time!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Gotta love a white Vw....

[Image: 20180107_134631.jpg]

That my Golf GTD in white silver....only got it in November, done 15k already, ill do somewhere between 35 & 40k a year.....
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Would’ve rather had that Golf mate! The white looks really poppin, mine looks dull even after a polish
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
So been trying to get out of my company car scheme for a while and I’ve finally been given the overhead. Coz we get personal fuel and I’m a higher rate tax payer the tax I pay on this vehicle is extortion and tbh we want to save to get a T5.1 Camper so the £300-400 I’ll be saving per month having a daily I don’t pay finance etc on will go toward that directly without effecting normal finances at all. Although obviously repairs will have to come out of that budget. If it doesn’t work out I can opt back in in March. Picked this up this morning:

[Image: QYY293.jpg]

ST TDCI 2.2, remap and intercooler for dyno proven 197BHP, should see 40mpg, it’s got a massive boot and all the cruise, heated seats, air con stuff you usually get. The guy who owned it was a Ford super fan so it’s been pampered. I’ve overpaid a bit but bought outright in cash so no finance and am quite happy
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I'd love to pm you my opinion on these. But I love them. The 2.2s are sooooo much better than the shitty 2.0 litre diesels they had. I'm not just saying that either as I now own a ford. They are a hoot to drive and go like hell for what they are. Makes a change I actually agree with a car purchase. You should feel privileged lols.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2018, 05:49 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I'd love to pm you my opinion on these. But I love them. The 2.2s are sooooo much better than the shitty 2.0 litre diesels they had. I'm not just saying that either as I now own a ford. They are a hoot to drive and go like hell for what they are. Makes a change I actually agree with a car purchase. You should feel privileged lols.

Rofl
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I also have a mondeo St 2.2 diesel but a hatch. Great cars. Love mine. Same colour too
Thanks given by:
Yeah nice motor. Super torquey and the boot is unreal on the estate.
Keep an eye on front subframe bolts... They come loose!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Went out in this last weekend. All the turbo noises and pulls well!
Thanks given by:
Been a while. Shame the forum fell quiet.

Anyway to keep this up to date, for those that don't know I live in the USA now and my daily is this:

[Image: 5-C883027-C722-44-D7-BCA0-B5524-C25711-E.jpg]
post picture

5.3 V8. 4wd, hi and lo ratio, rear locking diff etc.

Even got 22mpg on a recent run down to Texas
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Yea, they really do everything big in the USA! I had no idea you were across the pond. Hope you're enjoying life over there.
Thanks given by:
Could do with one of those. Glad youre having a great time out there!
Thanks given by: