In need of advice or help to restore 306 Half leather seat...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of advice or help to restore 306 Half leather seat...
I'm after some advice about how I can restore the bolster on the drivers seat? I'll attach a photo.

I brought a donor car yesterday and I'm swapping the interior (currently have grey fabric seats that in my opinion look horrid). 

Many thanks in advance!?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
thats a pretty decent seat tbh. I wouldnt think there would be anyway of doing it apart from getting it retrimmed but it would look different from the rest of the seat. Perhaps dying it?
Thanks given by:
Put black boot polish on it, work it to a shine then use a leather spray product to seal it, be great Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
MattDanPug Wrote:I'm after some advice about how I can restore the bolster on the drivers seat? I'll attach a photo.

I brought a donor car yesterday and I'm swapping the interior (currently have grey fabric seats that in my opinion look horrid). 

Many thanks in advance!?

Hi Matt,

I have these seats too, mine are not too bad,  My Girl friend cleaned them with a Vax upholstery tool ,they are a lot better, problem is they are 16+ years Old

Andrew (Saxblower)
Thanks given by:
I will give the boot polish ago and see how it turns out. I'm more than happy to do all the seats just to add that little extra glisten ? Thanks for the suggestions! I'll post some photos when I get round to it

Hi Andrew, how well did they come up? I'm not too worried by the fabric as i'll pay someone to come and give it a deep clean, the leather has no rips or holes in, it's just like the leather has faded/rubbed off. They are the best condition ones I have found. Brought the whole donor car for £100!?
Thanks given by:
Going to give the leather feed ago. I'll post a before and after photo to let you guys see how it turns out.

The front seats very nearly ended up in multiple pieces with how fiddly they were.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New technique to restore faded plastic trim ekjdm14 1 1,649 22-04-2021, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Sallymilr
  Trying to find the leather/Half-leather seats. distinctionx 7 1,870 25-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Half leather phz2 in a phz3 air bags? resistor? MattDM306 22 3,173 23-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Eeyore