PFC EXPO - Sunday 6th November 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: PFC EXPO - Sunday 6th November 2016
Just over 8 weeks till the Performance French Car Expo. Its coming up super fast and its one of the last shows of the season. Once again the club will be in attendance and we will have a stand outside. 

For anyone who thinks their car is awesome then entries for the OCD Finish Top 20 still being taken. To enter the top 20 at PFC expo send 3 of the best images of the french car along with full breakdown of what's been done to it (spec sheet) to suzanne@frenchcarshow.co.uk

5 cars will be fast tracked and placed in to top 20 automatically. The remainder will be put on the performance French car magazine page and the 15 cars with most likes from 1st sept to 15th October will gain a place in the top 20! Tickets will need to be purchased to secure your place. Enter now! (No spec sheet no entry)

General overview of the event is that its a nice and small event with some quality cars on the inside of the exhibition centre. Food in previous years has beenwas pretty poor and over priced so may be good to bring your own snacks for the day. You can easily be in and out of the event in a few hours but its the club banter as usual that makes it a full day. I think most of us were there by 10 and headed off by 3 last year.

Donington Park, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2RP - Map

Tickets

Buy tickets from http://shop.performancefrenchcars.co.uk/. Tickets start from £10 (per car not per person). Make sure you put 306oc down as your club when purchasing tickets. 

Accommodation

For those of us travelling from a far we will be staying in Derby South Premier Inn. Currently £36.00 a night. This is 10.4 miles away and takes about 30 minutes. Its a nice fun cross country drive there in the morning. Map

Please add your name below if you are coming.

1. SRowell

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=28947]
Thanks given by:
I'll be there. At least I only live 2 hours away raver than 4 hours
1.SRowell
2.cho99er5000+1
Thanks given by:
1.SRowell
2.cho99er5000+1
3. Orta
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Is there a closing date for when you need to know whether we want to be on the stand?
Thanks given by:
I didn't join the stand for pugfest as the car was off the road so went in the focus instead. So i thought i'll join you guys for the 1st time for this one, only got to fit the rad, pipes and fans seens as they have now arrived, then be good to go [emoji4] . May be stopping over the night at the Premier Inn aswel.

1.SRowell
2.cho99er5000+1
3. Orta
4. P-Courty
Thanks given by:
Can I have the bx on the stand? If so I'll put my name down.

Thanks given by:
Yeh any old French tat will do on the stand Smile no cut off date frosty. Should be fine but will try to find out how much space we are allocated.
Thanks given by:
The ticket link doesn't work for me, or are they not for sale yet?

1.SRowell
2.cho99er5000+1
3. Orta
4. P-Courty
5. Chris_90 (in bx)

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2016, 06:55 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: The ticket link doesn't work for me, or are they not for sale yet?

1.SRowell
2.cho99er5000+1
3. Orta
4. P-Courty
5. Chris_90 (in bx)
the link didn't work for me either i just went on the website then in the menu clicked on shop and the option is there for the show tickets [emoji106]
Thanks given by:
I'd love to come (never seem to make these) but I've got no chance of getting bonfire night off work.
Thanks given by:
1.SRowell
2.cho99er5000+1
3. Orta
4. P-Courty
5. Chris_90 (in bx)

ive confirmed that we do have club parking. Booked my tickets now. Ill be going up on the day as I have things to do on Saturday.
Thanks given by:
Whats this show like? Is it worth the 6/7 hour round trip?
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2016, 12:08 PM)Frosty Wrote: Whats this show like? Is it worth the 6/7 hour round trip?

in a word......NO
if it will be anything like last years

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(17-10-2016, 03:31 PM)cully Wrote:
(17-10-2016, 12:08 PM)Frosty Wrote: Whats this show like? Is it worth the 6/7 hour round trip?

in a word......NO
if it will be anything like last years

mmm i wouldnt drive that unless i had a really good group of mates to do it with. The show itself is interesting for a few hours at most.
Thanks given by:
1.SRowell
2.cho99er5000+1
3. Orta
4. P-Courty
5. Chris_90 (in bx)
6.Will

(I may or may not use a bonnet with an item from a subaru, However it eliminates heat soak with temperature gauges before and after, but I am prepared to be ridiculed lol)
Thanks given by:
I won't be attending this year, just bought a van and the 6 isn't road worthy at the moment
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
What's the start time on this? On facebook it says 5pm till 8pm is thar right?

Thanks given by:
No thats not right at all. i have to say finding info is hard. They dont do a great job of advertising it on their own website! Cant find the exact details but if you arrive 9.30 to 10 youll be about right!
Thanks given by:
Anyone live local to this and fancy lending a hand, i'm staying in the premier inn you listed but i'm struggling with the car, it keeps overheating and the fans won't come on at all and my temp guage reads 80° when it overheats. It's got new hoses, fans, realys, rad and thermostat, picking up a temp sensor in the morning but really don't know if the car will make it.
Thanks given by:
im not local im afraid :/
Thanks given by:
I know it isn't ideal but it's 2 hours from here to the show, do you think it would be ok to unplug the temp sensor and leave the fans on constant? or would that be too much cooling?
Thanks given by:
Stand plan is out. We have a corner of one of the wings. Theres usually lots of space in the wings so should be good! A much better space than previous years.

Thanks given by:
Have a good time guys, think of me having to spend my Sunday working on a bini
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
If anyone has photos please make a new photo thread Smile
Thanks given by:
How was the show?
Thanks given by:
Unfortunate that the turn out was so low. We had a half decent spot and only 4 cars by mid day. 6 at most in the morning. We got our club photo taken which will appear in the mag so sad its only got a few of us in there.

I'll do a full report soon.
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah thats a bit of a shame, i was half tempted to go but from people response it didn't sound that great last year.
Thanks given by:
its only a small show really. its nothing special and the entertainment value is a few hours at most. With a 306 night out the night before im sure we could make more of it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track: Snetterton 300 - Sunday 13th November Eeyore 15 5,077 13-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Show: PFC EXPO - Sunday 27th September 2015 Eeyore 30 18,410 30-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Pfc Expo 2015 - 27th September - Donington Exhibition Centre suzanne@fcs 0 1,805 09-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Last Post: suzanne@fcs