Paul's 330i

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul's 330i
Thanks for that good reading!

Ccv tomorrow
Thanks given by:
That wasn't a fun job! Done now. Just need to change the oil and replace the level sensor as the yellow light comes on
Thanks given by:
Yeah.. Space is pretty tight for the ccv haha. Need to do tthe level sensor too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just done mine plus an oil change. Sounds better. Was using what halfords recommended and I swear or was wrong

Just done the tracking as well, funny set up on the TRE's
Thanks given by:
The wife rammed it into the kerb, now the steering rack has a hell of a lot of play
Luckily the racks aren't too much second hand.

Still going well, just travelled the journey to Cornwall.

Seriously looking at doing the throttle map tweak
Thanks given by:
If you're swapping the rack anyway, purple tag racks are 1 turn lock to lock less than the standard rack i believe. Popular upgrade.

Worth doing the map tweak, there's another map I want to play with which should improve torque delivery a lot
Thanks given by:
What map is that? Vanos tweak?

It's already got a purple tag rack on Smile Shame is buggered.

I watched a you tube video where he puts an earth onto a certain pin on the dme to enter bootmode, is that the same as what you had to do?
Thanks given by:
That is one i want to play with also, apparently only gains to be found at part throttle here though as opposed to full throttle. But no, it's the anti-jerk map, it smooths out torque delivery.

Ah no Sad

Nah, i didn't have to put it into boot mode because i only read off the 64kb 'tune file' instead of the whole ECU. First thing you need to do is work out what your software version is and then go from there
Thanks given by:
I need to get the ball rolling on the Ms43 tuning!

Amazing what can be done on these. Desperately need a diff!

Only thing that worries me is this oil pump nut issue. I've seen the lock wire nuts but I can only find sellers from America and they want £50 postage!
The sump is leaking which is on my list to sort
Thanks given by:
Get up to scratch with the MS43 stuff before swapping the diff ideally, as it'll need to be changed in the ECU.

If you're not revving it up to redline/redline hasn't been increased i think you should be ok.. haven't heard of anything recently regarding it tbf although if the sump is coming off be rude not to really
Thanks given by:
you can make your own lockwire nuts with some tiny drill bits, I had heard about nuts coming loose on the older V8's but not the M54's.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2017, 05:30 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Get up to scratch with the MS43 stuff before swapping the diff ideally, as it'll need to be changed in the ECU.

If you're not revving it up to redline/redline hasn't been increased i think you should be ok.. haven't heard of anything recently regarding it tbf although if the sump is coming off be rude not to really

From what I've read you didn't need to reprogram the ecu for the diff change?!
Thanks given by:
I believe the speedo will be out and if you use cruise it'll be off etc.. may potentially not work, not 100% sure. It can be fairly easily changed in the ECU though depending on the software version
Thanks given by:
[Image: Screenshot_20170502-204700_zpsnxsdaiba.png]

Think you can guess what my next job is.

Cars still going well, changed the alternator belt tensioner, the pulley bearing was about to give up.
Bank 2 sensor 2 needs replacing as it's not reading anything

Still haven't got round to doing the rack
Thanks given by: Chris_90
Been doing a bit of research into exhaust headers as the 330i items are very very restrictive.
Luckily the early 330i come with a different design which was used on M52 engines as well

[Image: Screenshot_20170505-192152_zpsnkwoh9tj.png]

[Image: Screenshot_20170505-115052_zpsvwoedmfw.png]

The manifold with the cat on is pretty much what's on my car at the moment
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20170507_083210_zpsbxgh81ea.jpg]

First steps towards ecu tuning
Thanks given by:
Nice, good to see you're going for it, what software is that out of interest? BMWlogger? I was lucky that i have the manifolds without the cats already, if you end up getting an EML etc if you do swap, it can be mapped out.
Thanks given by:
That's mpps from when I mapped the hdi.
Lucky you!
I was going to map out the 2nd bank, I've got a lambda that's failed. The cheaper option I suppose.

Just downloaded tuner pro going to give it a whirl later
Thanks given by:
Ah ok cool, i used a modified version of galletto and the INPA cable, nice to know it works with MPPS too.

If you map out the 2nd bank you could fit a wide band and then do some more tweaking.. You'll have to let me know what your software version is

what i'm currently using for the throttle pedal map

[Image: m54%20tweaked%20thottle%20map.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How do you find out what your soft ware version is? Struggling a bit on that and I can't find where to download the xdf file
Thanks given by:
You can get the XDF's from here: http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm#BMW

Couple of ways to get the SW version, I'd download the MS430056 def first open it in tunerpro and load your .bin, then go to the bottom of the tabs and double click software version.. If it has MS4300** the last 2 are your SW version.. if it's random symbols then you might need to open your .bin in a hex editor and then scroll to the very top and a few lines down should be something like this ca430037.DAT whatever this is is your SW version.

Once you know your SW version download the relevant XDF and use that with your .bin
Thanks given by: Paul_13
You're a good man, thanks for that
Thanks given by:
No problem
Thanks given by:
I'm getting the error code of msvcr120.dll missing?
I've downloaded it but hasn't made a difference.

Also my software version is ms430064 which I can't find a xdf file for Sad
Thanks given by:
Got to do a full flash to ms430056 Sad
Thanks given by:
Oh man Sad you may get lucky and find someone who has the same SW version, but like you said next way otherwise is a full flash of the 56 SW bin. Benefit if you do flash it is basically every map has already been found, plus launch control etc...
Thanks given by:
Think I'm going to get a spare dme
Thanks given by:
That's a good call tbh, no risk to yours then
Thanks given by:
I got inpa running on Windows 8,bloody deserve a medal for that. Good bit of software, unfortunately it was getting late so had to turn the car off

Scrap yard tomorrow to pick up the dme. Hopefully they've got one
Thanks given by:
Yeah INPA is a funny old thing to install, priceless for diags though. Manage to pick up a spare DME?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul's Evo V paulgtt 3 1,484 06-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: paulgtt