Project car-now the DAILY!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project car-now the DAILY!!!
Wheres the nice exhaust photo?
Thanks given by:
So this is on the road now as lu has taken my estate as she enjoys driving it. (The one i tracked at fcs) bit sooner than expected but some pillock came round a country bend up by rowells house when i picked up the exhaust and caught the side of lus car. Was stripping anyway but thats beyond the point just means insurance will go 50/50 due to the nature of insurance. Here is a pic of the car. Clones are being binned off as theyre terrible condition but have good tures on.    
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
oh what are the plans for the clones? I am after a decent set but if theyre going in the bin ill take them to refurb.
Thanks given by:
As above. Dont bin. I'd take for refurb.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So today i had to whip a new clutch in it and thought sod it ill change the cable at the same time to a manually adjusting one ive had lying about for age, the old clutch was shot and release bearing had welded itself to the diaphragm.
[Image: 71167ee6c347f64a3a1cc5b7a509ae5b.jpg]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
So this car drives like a new car now! New p bushs, new shock, new cambelt water pump, new clutch, uprated gearlinkages. Going to swap out the tyres tomorrow and ive also got to change heater matrix at weekend but its pretty much done.

The map i currently have pn the car is a mr whippy stage one that i stole from my cousins car. Runs ok to be fair first map ive ever run from him. Dont think his about much anymore though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh almost forgot, "new" beam that was referbished some time ago but seems fine

Thanks given by:
Good work! New wishbone bushes transformed my old HDI. What else are you planning on doing to it?
Thanks given by:
so many new things. Wheres the guide for fitting the manual adjusting clutch cable? Tongue
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2016, 10:37 PM)reese Wrote: Good work! New wishbone bushes transformed my old HDI. What else are you planning on doing to it?

The plan is just amlimited torque stage 2 as its my daily but ive got to get everything else perfect at the moment

(13-10-2016, 10:42 PM)Eeyore Wrote: so many new things. Wheres the guide for fitting the manual adjusting clutch cable? Tongue

Yeah most came off my cousins old one which is good that i stripped for parts really. I do have pictures to make a guide but im yet to see the longevity of my clip modification to the clutch cable clip to see if it holds up. Sort of thought id try it on mine first for a while
Thanks given by:
sorry for the complete lack of pictures but this car is now on the road. ALL of the major repair work is done so i can drive it daily. just pushing to get a few more bits sorted as im proper anal with my cars before i start properly tuning them as i dont like things to go wrong. currently trying to sort out a set of injectors a new 307 bottom pully and alternator and some parts for me to go stage 2 with. limited torque mainly for the standard clutch and wanting to keep my cars turbo alive untill i can afford a better one. i know its not up to my usual mad standard but look at this as my daily transport for now as thats exactly what it is.
Thanks given by:
Swapped injectors out tonight as they were doing my head in with their tapping. Also changed fuel filter which was filthy. Got remainder of service to do this weekend. Starting to quite like this car which is a bad thing! I keep having naughty thoughts about powers

Thanks given by:
glad its all up and running! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

So 11 months ago this engine rocked up on a pallet at my work. Today it begins.
Thanks given by:
So in order to get some interesting posts up for a change as ive noticed the forum has gona a little quiet as it does time to time. I got into the workshop and began working on this engine. It wont be my usual quick lash together im afraid so bare with.

I stripped down the block today to nothing. Everything apart crank out pistons rods etc to inspect everything. The big ends look a little worn but the mains seem ok to be fair. Plan is to take this to where i used to work and clean it all in the parts cleaner so i can have a nice clean engine to re assemble for a change.

Questions and comments always welcome.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good start man! Big Grin

So whats the eventual plan with this? GT spec family hatch perhaps? Go for drivability rather than an all out power build?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
More or less just get her to perform well, reliablly so i enjoy driving her. Not chasing figures with this one

Thanks given by:
(10-11-2016, 05:54 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Not chasing figures with this one

Said no car enthusiast ever...

I'm quoting you on this in years time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2016, 07:29 AM)Piggy Wrote:

If i dont get it dynod im not chasing figures.........

Also the engine coming to bits for me to check everthing you know im scheming something and want to make sure engines ok first lol
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2016, 09:02 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:

Also the engine coming to bits for me to check everthing you know im scheming something and want to make sure engines ok first lol

i bet its a turbo. Sure you dont want to go NAD for reliability?
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2016, 09:24 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 09:02 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:

i bet its a turbo. Sure you dont want to go NAD for reliability?

Says mr misfire lol
Thanks given by:
not since 10 minutes ago! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So i cleaned stuff tonight    

On another note this is a hdi rod vs the 2.1 rod. Lok around the same apart from 2.1 rod is thicker. Not got any precise measuring equipment to check but you know. Possibility.        

also if somebody know a good place to get big end bearing from that would be great
Thanks given by:
I got mine from my local engine shop, much cheaper than i could find them myself.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wrist pin fitment is different matey. Plus 16v hdi rods are a direct fit for xud9/dw10 and are thicker than the xud11 and dw12 rods
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So this is still alive. It tried to set fire to itself today when the indicator stalk went up. That was fun. The windscreen has now cracked fully, and i need to tidy up the interior still.

The 2.1 soare bottom end i had was shagged so that was a blow so have various 2.1 bits just sorta lying about now. The hdi engine in this is sounding rough and running funny at low revs no fault codes but possible high pressure fuel pump third piston deactivator thingy. Hopefully itll keep running for now untill i get time to sort aomething for it.

Genrally the complete oppisite of my usual projects of just getting on as im super busy atm.
Thanks given by:
So this has now gone from epic project to daily transport. which sucks/doesnt suck. really nice car to drive daily apart from the buggered engine. i have a spare engine lying about in the form of an xud thats going to be transplanted sometime soon just to keep her going. its now got the cabby sun visors and 4 spoke wheel. will keep this updated if and when i do things. would anyone be interested if i done a full HDI to XUD conversion thread? seems like a few people always asking questions so would seem daft not to do a write up for people. got to get the cracked windscreen replaced in it asap as well which would be nice.
Thanks given by:
yes please do a guide that would be great. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Step 1: Obtain perfectly good HDi
Step 2: Go full retard

You're welcome. Tongue Oh and merry christmas! Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-12-2016, 09:19 AM)Poodle Wrote: Step 1: Obtain perfectly good HDi
Step 2: Go full retard

You're welcome. Tongue Oh and merry christmas! Big Grin

You love it  Wink . 
I know you do as most of the xud going into came out of one you built

oh merry christmas
Thanks given by:
Hahah you know it!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New 306 daily project custom-decals2012 2 2,087 30-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,876 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,694 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle