Gearbox problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox problems
Any idea what this could be I've had two new shafts and one new wheel bearing, I'm on the third gearbox and the noise has got worse.
https://youtu.be/8s3HBDNTpBw
Thanks given by:
sounds like gearbox lol. just to be sure do the test again with both wheels off the ground but chock the o/s/f wheel to eliminate the intermidiate bearing on the driveshaft
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Still makes noise with passenger side jacked up and drivers side down, passenger shaft was new complete from j+r, drivers shaft not that old, checked intermediate bearing and spun smooth with no noise, checked underside and nothing rubbing.
Thanks given by:
then gearbox my man. they are known for being rubbish on the tu engined motors. assuming you keep putting second hand boxs in so you dont know the history of them
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Am I really that unlucky, can drivshafts create this much noise.
I really don't understand how it could be shafts and I'd be pretty unlucky for both to go at once.
Thanks given by:
Never heard a driveshaft make that noise in the 10 years ive been in the trade. Shame really easy fix then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2016, 06:14 PM)Ubashbarnard Wrote: Never heard a driveshaft make that noise in the 10 years ive been in the trade. Shame really easy fix then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh tell me about it, I'm not fully qualified but not stupid either I've been repairing cars of my own for years and for others and never come across a noise this bad.
I've had the shafts apart and inspected the inner spider bearings and cups and they looked fine but as said the n/s front was new around a month ago and the o/s looks less than 6 months old.
I don't no everything and admit I've made mistakes before but I seriously can only pinpoint it to gearbox.
Thanks given by: