Alpine - Apple USB leads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpine - Apple USB leads
Hi fellas, anyone any experience with the IDA-X range of Alpine headunits?

Trouble i'm having is connecting my 3gs to my X100. I bought the HU second hand and it didn't have the USB lead. The KCU-422i is for the "full speed" interface for older i-whatevers, and from some extensive reading i've found that the KCU-440i lead will do the trick, but that's no longer available apart from a Chinese seller on eBay.

Does anyone know for definite if the KCU-445i will work in the same way? It's for the newer head units but would appear to be basically the same thing.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I could be wrong but just try a standard ipod usb lead, my kenwood said it needed a kenwood usb lead but the standard ones work fine in both my kenwood and the mrs sony
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Nah the standard lead doesn't work, the pins are wired differently. A standard USB does sometimes work with Alpine but not all features, or tries to put it into airplane mode.

Just took the plunge with a KCU-445i. I know the 440i works with the CDA-105 which in turn works with the IDA-X100, so if the 445i is listed as compatible with the CDA-105, an educated guess says it will also work with the IDA-X100.

Here's hoping. £30 for a f*cking lead.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by: