Major fuel pump problems, air leak, head gasket?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major fuel pump problems, air leak, head gasket?
Bosch ve fuel pump
Peugeot 306
Pump has been played around with (max fuel screw and the top screw on the mushroom bit)
Running on veg oil

Cold starting problems
Hot starting problems
Lots of black smoke when foot is down
No power
When I start my car it misfires with a ploom of white OR black smoke although it is more often than not white.

When running and up to temp it still misfires.

I have a boost guage fitted and it reads 22psi with 50% throttle (this is unusual as It used to be about 18psi)

I believe the pump is leaking air into the fuel beacuse it bunnyhops down the road at low revs.

all the connections on the fuel system I have made are tight and good with no air in the fuel.

Thanks Dan

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2016, 06:06 PM)Dantheman1312 Wrote: Bosch ve fuel pump
Peugeot 306
Pump has been played around with (max fuel screw and the top screw on the mushroom bit)
Running on veg oil

Cold starting problems veg oil check glow plugs are working by removing them and putting power to them 
Hot starting problems again the glow plug thing
Lots of black smoke when foot is down to much fuel turn it down 
No power
When I start my car it misfires with a ploom of white OR black smoke although it is more often than not white. white is unburnt fuel same as black is partially burnt fuel 

When running and up to temp it still misfires. see next bit in bold 
I have a boost guage fitted and it reads 22psi with 50% throttle (this is unusual as It used to be about 18psi)

I believe the pump is leaking air into the fuel beacuse it bunnyhops down the road at low revs. check for air ingress out a clear bit of pipe from fuel filter to pump and from pump to tank retuen to determine where the air is getting in. this will also a effect starting as well. 

all the connections on the fuel system I have made are tight and good with no air in the fuel. how have you confirmed there is no air in fuel as you are saying all the symptoms that would indicate so 

Thanks Dan

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cold starts on veg are one of it's common features, but hot starts should be fine.

Veg does an incredible job stripping all the gunk out of the fuel lines, with all that gunk gone any tiny holes it was covering now allow air in the fuel system.
Main culprit is the fuel filter housing, but old and tired leak off pipes, end caps and fuel pipes love to leak too.

Don't forget the fuel feed runs below atmospheric pressure, so air is sucked in, instead of fuel leaking out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible head gasket issues? forbeslongden 3 2,417 16-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head gasket (again!) Pughawk 1 1,591 08-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head gasket and Engine rebuilds. weka 2 2,006 15-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Last Post: weka