Removal of b!@#$@d pin locking nuts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removal of b!@#$@d pin locking nuts
Does anyone out there have any ideas how to remove these bloody things. I tried socket over the top and gently trying. Tried chisel on it nope didnt move. Have drilled through and tried stud extractors. Really losing plot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
The tyre place I do a bit of work at bought a length of 13 mm hex bar from the engineering place opposite. Every time we get one we can't get off by the normal methods, we cut a bit of the bar off and weld it to the nut. 13mm socket and an impact gun and it's job done.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Which type are they? Got a pic of them?
Thanks given by:
Get an M12 nut. Put on locker. Weld through the middle of it.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
The Peugeot ones with the 3 little pins in the key?

If so, I got one off before with a 13mm on the top. Had the other 3 bolts done up still and took the weight off the wheel.
Thanks given by:
These are the type will get proper pictures once I finish work.

[Image: 80b0b7e2e105c50843772fd398e21c18.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Ah yeah they are sods to get off. The proper old peugeot locking wheel nuts are a lot easier as can either bang a socket on or a reverse thread socket. At the end of the day locking wheel nuts are designed to be hard to get off without the locking nut key.

We use the air chisel at work on some of them but can easily mark the wheels if not too careful.
Thanks given by:
Bang a smaller socket on and fit a long bar (3ft seems to work). Keep hitting the knuckle of the bar inwards with a hammer while applying some pressure to the bar and they usually come off.
Thanks given by:
Do you know what size socket as i have tried get a tight fit but once on it just spins even tried some AF sockets to get a tighter fit. Plus don't have much space on the volcano alloys.

Thanks given by:
It will slip if you just try and turn it, that's where the hammer comes in... I can't remember the size for those particular ones though, I've removed quite a few different ones with the same method.
Thanks given by:
Will give it a go. And this is all because of a little trainee shit at what was a good garage arrrrh. Right off to lose will to live with this nuts. Cheers everyone will be working through the list.

Thanks given by:
If they've been air gunned on, they will be a right twat to get off.

Drill the top of the bolt off, remove wheel and should be left with just a stud on the hub. Piece of piss to remove then.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
As said, easiest way to remove these is to weld a nut to it. And undo with a breaker bar
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I need to do this on the Saab
Taking it in to the old Saab dealership this week to be looked at , need both fronts doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing locking wheel nuts? Colactix 12 2,786 13-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Colactix
  Would you get locking nuts for Challenger wheels? Pipps 32 7,310 04-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii