Oil getting in to the inlet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil getting in to the inlet
Hi all,

I think I'm getting a lot of oil in the inlet, TB and the pipe coming from the airbox.

Is the black round thing on the vent pipe from the cam cover to the TB meant to be a diaphragm valve?

If it is I think mine might not be sealing as it allows air both ways, if this right?
Thanks given by:
Is this thing meant to be like a one way valve?
[Image: 10fa7ce7466e44a3bb40665af633a8140.jpg]
[Image: 5bcd1be28ae1ac7c7a24229deb0d42f6d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a similar issue and it's never worried me too much. I've got an oil catch can ready to fit so fingers crossed this should solve the problem.
Thanks given by:
How much oil is "a lot"?
It is normal to have oil in there.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I have enough to weep out of the bottom of the throttle body, it's not bad enough to drip if that makes any sense. I have no idea what is 'normal' though, my car has done over 130000 miles haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
remove all the breather pipes and check they are clear,
also check the large lower pipe entry into the block as that builds up with carbon
there is also a vent plate bolted to the underside of the inlet cam cover the ways within block, this is only accessible by removing the cam cover then its screwed to the lid where the pipes exit

the black PCV valve is not a one way valve
what it does is regulates the vacuum onto the head/block which regulates the positive pressure within the block

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crankcase_...ion_system

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Today I was looking at a photo of someones engine bay and I noticed the PCV valve on my car is on the wrong outlet on the cam cover.

[Image: IMG_20170418_165359_zpscmfj0sa5.jpg]

So the PCV is on the right and the pipe coming from the crank is on the left as you look on the block, It should be the other way.

What differences are there on the inside of the two ports on the cam cover?

I've read the port to the PCV has some galleries under a plate on the cover and I'm guessing the port on the cover to the crank breather is just open on the inside to allow gasses to pass easily?

I take it this is the reason for my oil in the intake issue.

I tried swapping them over but the pipe coming from the crank has hardened so now won't go on the larger barb on the cover.
Thanks given by: