Worth a look if anyone's after a cheap D Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth a look if anyone's after a cheap D Turbo
https://auctionview.british-car-auctions...rce=Search

Thought I would put this on here for anyone who's interested. A few photos are available on the link but I couldn't work out how to post them on here. Very tempted to get it myself, but haven't got the space for another car. Just don't want to see it fall into the wrong hands!

It arrived at work today as a part exchange from a Motorline dealer and will be auctioned on Wednesday's sale (10th August). It's a phase one D Turbo three-door on an N-reg in red. It's done 147k miles (warranted, so presumably comes with some history) and has had two owners, meaning next one will be the third.

Took it for a drive around the yard to see how it was and all seems good mechanically. It started up on the button after a pre-heat and drove well. Engine sounded healthy, there was no slip from the clutch and went through the gears nicely. Power steering working as it should, no warning lights, etc. There was a slight noise from the front which I would suspect was a track rod end ball joint which came up as an advisory on the previous MOT. Looking under the bonnet it appears to have had a new alternator fitted recently. Also, it has just over a quarter of a tank left in it.

Inside the car appears to be in very original condition. It could do with a good hoover but it doesn't have any nasty smells. The interior is generally in good nick aside from a rip in the driver's seat, and it still has the original Blaupunkt stereo which powers up but requires a code. The electric windows both work, as does the electric sunroof. However, the blower does not. The boot lid does not stay open on its own so could do with new boot struts.

The outside of the car again is very original but far from immaculate. Still has the original dealer plates, alloys, 'Dturbo' badges, etc., but the paint has faded on the bonnet and front wings. There's also a large dent on the offside rear quarter. The rear tyres both have plenty of tread but the fronts are bald and will definitely need replacing.

The MOT expired towards the end of last month (25th July), but it has not failed an MOT since. It would need new front tyres to pass, and the same advisory (slight movement from track rod end ball joint) has appeared on the last two MOTs, so movement may now be considered 'excessive'. The last MOT was at 141k and it's now on 147k.

All in all seems like a very original phase one D Turbo that needs a little TLC. Anyone who wants more info such as the reserve price which I am not supposed to share please message me. Would rather see it go to somebody on here than to someone who won't appreciate it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Nice if i didnt already have 5 cars here id take it Sad nice of you to offer it out
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2016, 07:30 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Nice if i didnt already have 5 cars here id take it Sad nice of you to offer it out

Sure you don't want a sixth?!

Just doing anything I can to stop it falling into the wrong hands. If I have to I'll bid on it myself but really don't want to as I'll end up sleeping on the sofa as a result!
Thanks given by:
as this isn't your car you're selling i'm going to allow this to stay . . . . might have a Bosch pump being on an N plate, shame it's so faded, thought mine was bad Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It went through today with a reserve of £100. I got someone to bid on it for me starting at £50. Nobody else showed any interest and the vendor agreed to sell the car for £50. After auction fees it came to nearer £100 but still very pleased with it. As well as the issues mentioned before, I also found out that neither key turns in the driver's door, so you have to unlock it from the passenger side, but at least the central locking works!

I bought the car on the basis that it's had two owners, but it turns out the first owner was the supplying dealer, with the previous lady owner having had the car since 1995! Also has near enough full service history (19 stamps).

Just not sure what to do with it now!
Thanks given by:
Haha, fair play. Bit of polishing will see that looking good again.
Do you know what fuel pump it has?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2016, 06:31 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Haha,  fair play.  Bit of polishing will see that looking good again.
Do you know what fuel pump it has?

Not sure to be honest. It's a '95/N if that helps. I'll try and find out tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
It'll almost certainly be a Lucas.

Good buy, I would have done the same in your shoes.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2016, 10:14 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: It'll almost certainly be a Lucas.

Good buy, I would have done the same in your shoes.

Our 95 phase one at home came with a bosch from factory. Seems to be ht or miss with early ones
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Reckon It'll be bosch on an N plate myself.

Probably look like even more of a penis when it isn't...
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Only reason I said it was I've owned two N plates both on Lucas.. I'm probably wrong though.
Thanks given by:
'N' is the last ones a Bosch appeared on in my experience, but it's still toss of a coin . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
First an apology, as I forgot to check what pump it has but will find out for you tomorrow! 

Both keys turn in the driver's door perfectly fine now, guessing it was operator error before! Or perhaps I got confused and tried unlocking it with the keys for my own 306!

Aiming to put it through an MOT tomorrow. Will definitely need a pair of tyres but hoping to get the car with a year's ticket with it owing me no more than £250, with the intention of selling it on for a small profit. Only trouble is I might get too attached to it.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  turbo timers? are they worth it? LewisG306 9 2,418 29-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  Worth getting a gt15 turbo? Jimbo 27 7,819 21-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb