driver side driveshaft removal help please?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
driver side driveshaft removal help please?
Question 
ok so only done nearside before which was easy enough, it's that intermediate bracket thing, i've loosened the two nuts off, poked them through and rotated them 90 degrees, is that right???

can't seem to get the shaft to pull out, any tips friends?

cheers, Matt Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Punch and a hammer my man. They are mostly siezed nowadays, its a sod but once theyre out you can clean it all up and grease when refitting, easy next time them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2016, 02:43 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Punch and a hammer my man. They are mostly siezed nowadays, its a sod but once theyre out you can clean it all up and grease when refitting, easy next time them

cheers, so punch it round that thin edge that's housed in the bearing then you're saying? . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2016, 02:44 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 02:43 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Punch and a hammer my man. They are mostly siezed nowadays, its a sod but once theyre out you can clean it all up and grease when refitting, easy next time them

cheers, so punch it round that thin edge that's housed in the bearing then you're saying? . . Smile

As above . Mine have been out 100s of times and iv still gotta give it a little tap to push it out the bracket

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I tend to use a chisel rather than a punch, need a lot of force to move them.
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2016, 03:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I tend to use a chisel rather than a punch, need a lot of force to move them.

do you get someone else to hit it for you as well? . . . . Tongue
Thanks given by:
Could try mole grips around the shaft and then tapping the mole grips! But otherwise it's a big blunt chisel on anywhere you can get it!

Thanks given by:
(06-08-2016, 04:05 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 03:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I tend to use a chisel rather than a punch, need a lot of force to move them.

do you get someone else to hit it for you as well? . . . . Tongue

If only I had that option!! Sad lol
Thanks given by:
You want one of these, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ball+j...GO0tsnM%3A

It's spreads the load both sides, it works 95% of the time, if not https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gas+to...5bAbz4M%3A
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Yeah balljoint splitter makes sense, I'll give it a welt now I know what's what and see what happens Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drivers side driveshaft bearing stuck HDIkyle 4 2,173 17-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Driver side rear splash guard catching RePT 11 1,868 16-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Ben