bilstien b12s or Coilovers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bilstien b12s or Coilovers
looking to upgrade my suspension, originally i was going to get some coil-overs but after abit of research seems a few people recommend getting bilstiens shocks and eibach springs over cheap coilovers.
ive got AP pro sports on my fiesta and there alright although they almost feel to hard (not comfort wise but handling) for the B roads of rural wales. 
what are peoples thoughts not looking to spend crazy money as its only going to be a daily
Thanks given by:
I personally have coilovers on mine, there great for the corners and also runs smoother than my daily 15 plate focus over bumps, also depending where you end up (specially welsh b roads) theres always the adjustability if needed, granted it takes time to do that but may help out somewhere along the way. So if it's daily then coilovers would probably be the more cost effective choice. Unsure on the Bilstiens as i've never used them.
Thanks given by:
springs for a daily, coil overs of good quality for track. i used to have ta coillies on my daily had to take them off
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I had springs on mine and used to drive well over 1000 miles a week and couldn't stand it, too bumpy and stiff, coilovers now are lovely in comparison.
Thanks given by:
All down to quality of unit? They both have springs in them + work the same wy
Thanks given by:
I have bilstein b12 kit on my 6 and it is amazing on the roads. Never had coilovers to compare thou
Thanks given by:
Ignore the B12, B8 fronts with Eibach springs along with 205 Group N rears, the 306 ones are far too soft and get hot quickly
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I have the same question actually, on my S16 I was thinking coils or B8's or B12's (but as miles said they are probably to soft) but with Apex springs, is that good ? Will the car be lower if I fit B8's over the stock shocks

I belive that cheap coils probably is for looks only, because you can adjust the height
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2016, 10:52 PM)miles Wrote: Ignore the B12, B8 fronts with Eibach springs along with 205 Group N rears, the 306 ones are far too soft and get hot quickly

When you say GrpNs, is that the Challenge spec dampers? I've fitted the B8 and Eibach fronts, but yet to do the back end. Got a choice of the 306 B6/8s (which look far too skinny), a set of 205 Challenge or a set of 205 Tarmacs (too stiff?).

Anyways, back to the question. What is the budget here? If I had a choice of B12s or an equivalent set of coilovers, it would be the B12s. Coilovers at this price-range tend not to perform as well as the Bilsteins. As I mentioned above, I've only fitted the fronts but am very impressed. Nowhere near as crashy as my old 205 Sprintline kit either! Quite supple for a stiff, fixed platform damper.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
I am selling my H&R coilover kit if anyone is interested.... If someone wants Bilstein B12, I've ordered from http://www.mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de without any problems and seems to have decent prices (was better when the pound was stronger but hey ho)
Thanks given by: