Lucky escape r.I.p the blue xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky escape r.I.p the blue xud
(03-08-2016, 10:01 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Well the steering appears to still be connected, it's the anti-roll bar thats come loose.

I suppose mid-corner it's enough to create panic and cause an accident.

what he said . . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The 306 held up pretty well in Dj's crash, considering it was an offset crash.... and the car is based off a design that's over 20 years old!
Thanks given by:
had an arb link fail mid corner on a mk1 astra I was driving wayyy back. nearly t-boned the car waiting to pull out of the T-junction.
wasn't so much panic-mode as "where's my f*king steering gone?"
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: beulah
(03-08-2016, 03:31 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: had an arb link fail mid corner on a mk1 astra I was driving wayyy back. nearly t-boned the car waiting to pull out of the T-junction.

Yep, that's pretty much what went through my mind. No time to panic!

Bloke who attended the scene said it happened to him on the straight and he was able to stop. He said anyone who is cornering when it breaks has no chance.
Thanks given by:
This is the last pic I toke of the car be for the smash     

Gone but not forgotten :-)
Thanks given by:
If a drop link goes mid corner it will f*ck you up big time - it's significantly changing the geometry with the suspension already loaded up. Just think about it, what happens when you remove the strut top mount nut without spring compressors fitted up? Same difference - the system works together as a whole and when you put a ton of pressure on it (literally) then remove a link in the chain it'll cause hell. Fairly appalled that most of you lads doubting that have supposedly got relevant quals in mechanics, that's very basic physics there. :S Congratulations on passing your college papers, please don't inflict it on anyone else.

That's a big old smash Paddy, glad you're ok.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've snapped more than one, yes, the car suddenly rolls more, no, it doesn't cause a massive loss of grip, or the steering, just tucks the front in more. Unless your dampers are f*cked too.

How many people have snapped springs and drive around on them? How many people on here are on Raceland/VMax/Ebay specials and bouncing off the bumpstops everywhere? Similar effect on the roll resistance.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2016, 03:31 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: had an arb link fail mid corner on a mk1 astra I was driving wayyy back. nearly t-boned the car waiting to pull out of the T-junction.

Try being a passenger in a Lada Niva 4x4 when the bottom ball joint on your side snaps as you're approaching a corner....... Nospeak
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2016, 12:40 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 03:31 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: had an arb link fail mid corner on a mk1 astra I was driving wayyy back. nearly t-boned the car waiting to pull out of the T-junction.

Try being a passenger in a Lada Niva 4x4 when the bottom ball joint on your side snaps as you're approaching a corner....... Nospeak

think there may be a call for a 'brown trousers' smiley
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scissors Jack corrosion - lucky :) maxaret 36 9,048 05-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  new alternator! Lucky paul7278 2 1,156 18-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Last Post: paul7278
  Lucky F*cker Grant 35 6,741 24-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Grant