Tool Box Talk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tool Box Talk
ok so following on from the "So who is a mechanic" thread it would seem most are not here!

which got me thinking Wink
we have a post somewhere of "whats your Job"

how about a post of pictures of your main work tool!
be it work station,toolbox, building

lets see where you work and with what?

sooo

Most people know im a hospital maintenance electrician
this involves a lot of walking around our site so my tools have to be carried

my front line tool bag i carry everywhere

i may add its not my only tool kit most is stashed away in lockers with spares in a central plantroom

for bigger jobs ive got wheels to move stuff around Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
This is mine, basically my full van. I'm a security installation engineer. It looks like this maybe once a month..........

[Image: C6650B07-937C-4004-9FCB-6AE623B0A9C9_zpspqrewstj.jpg]

I've just ordered a Transit Custom so this will be going soon too.
Thanks given by:
ok ill get a pic of my home set and work set tomorrow for you
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I forgot to post in the mechanics thread, this is my workspace.. Normally I keep it pretty tidy but it often looks like a bomb landed! 

Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'm not allowed to take photos at work.

At home I've had a halfords industrial roller cab for about a year and a half and it has been fantastic.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
That's my box, taller than me at 6'2"  Rofl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2016, 09:12 PM)Connor Wrote: That's my box, taller than me at 6'2"  Rofl

Awesome colour scheme

My daily kit is usually my engineering toolbox with set square, scribe, rulers etc and a welding mask. Depends what I'm doing though as I take whatever box i need for the job. Really ought to get a van lmao
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

My box, un tidy and broken. Full of good tools though.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
...and Peugeot wishbones by the look of it!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Sorry...dont fancy posting pics of all my gear for all of the interwebs to know where to get some nice gear!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 12:06 PM)C2K Wrote: ...and Peugeot wishbones by the look of it!

Yeah two genuine wishbones under there and a spare k14 turbo Smile
Thanks given by:
Here's my main tool box, would of been a nice amount of money towards a house deposit if i didn't have to have the box and filled it with tools though.

[Image: IMG_63521_zpsyro0rsnb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 12:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sorry...dont fancy posting pics of all my gear for all of the interwebs to know where to get some nice gear!

But Youtube is ok right??? Inlove

I'll post up a pic once the sprawl has been sorted!
Thanks given by:
i have noticed that everyone else tool boxs look really pristine and there is mine painted 8 colours with things welded to it to make it functional
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 07:10 PM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(25-07-2016, 12:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sorry...dont fancy posting pics of all my gear for all of the interwebs to know where to get some nice gear!

I thought that! Rofl

I might get around to taking a pic of mine, unlikely though, memory isn't generally that capable.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 07:10 PM)tigerstyle Wrote:

I don't think I usually show all my kit though...I try not to anyway...for that reason.

(25-07-2016, 06:48 PM)Frosty Wrote: Here's my main tool box, would of been a nice amount of money towards a house deposit if i didn't have to have the box and filled it with tools though.

[Image: IMG_63521_zpsyro0rsnb.jpg]

Ruddy el thats nice.

Not the livery so much...but allthe drool still
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm liking connor's, the white and black with peugeot sport stripes is just sexy. Must be a right bastard to keep clean though lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 07:29 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: i have noticed that everyone else tool boxs look really pristine and there is mine painted 8 colours with things welded to it to make it functional

Think I'd rather have a house than a massive toolbox though!! Wink

Dread to think how much Frosty's spent on his lol! lol
Thanks given by:
I don't have a toolbox for work, and am not there anyway.
But my main tools, are solder iron & long nose pliers.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 08:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: I'm liking connor's, the white and black with peugeot sport stripes is just sexy. Must be a right bastard to keep clean though lol

It is lol I'll get a pic ttomorrow if I remember
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The state my toolbox gets is pretty bad though, so much dust etc in the workshop. It really isn't clean very often.
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2016, 06:05 AM)Frosty Wrote: The state my toolbox gets is pretty bad though, so much dust etc in the workshop. It really isn't clean very often.

behave...normally looks spot on when I pop round.

'Tis an Awesome chronic toolbox but a bugger to find anything when I'm looking in there, spend few minutes gawping at all the shiny spanner, sockets, ratchets, etc.

I just got a random couple top boxes on top of a bench and a full US Pro roll cab and top box...its pretty small though. Can't get as much as I wanted to it in...but for a hobbyist its cheap and cheerful.
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2016, 08:18 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(26-07-2016, 06:05 AM)Frosty Wrote: The state my toolbox gets is pretty bad though, so much dust etc in the workshop. It really isn't clean very often.

behave...normally looks spot on when I pop round.

'Tis an Awesome chronic toolbox but a bugger to find anything when I'm looking in there, spend few minutes gawping at all the shiny spanner, sockets, ratchets, etc.

I just got a random couple top boxes on top of a bench and a full US Pro roll cab and top box...its pretty small though. Can't get as much as I wanted to it in...but for a hobbyist its cheap and cheerful.

You want to see the state of it now, layer of dust and the top is just full of clutter.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool Kit for boot bigcheez2k3 28 6,217 08-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  Colleagues stolen laptop, IP trace (talk talk isp) stevieg 11 2,621 05-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Last Post: stevieg
  Raspberry pi. Talk to me. ginge191 7 1,937 20-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore