group buy willwood brackets to suit gti-6 discs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: group buy willwood brackets to suit gti-6 discs?
Right, group buy anyone?

Ages ago I started the process of having some brackets up so I could run my willwoods with standard gti6 discs rather than the Rally Design discs which are sill money (aka £120+vat per pair)

I had a prototype done from measurements, but was a bit off - and save hassle of me going up with my car / hub / brakes ..etc - I can hopefully borrow a bracket and have copied verbatim in quantities of 5 or 10 pairs

Turn around is 2 weeks from order, and price would be >

£110 / pair (10 orders)
£125 / pair (5 orders)

+plus postage

Anyone keen? This is about as cheap as can be done.

Would need names and deposits.

I know there is another thread by someone else on the gti6 forum, but as far as i know it isn't going anywhere, and besides im not a paid up member so can't post in it.

Thanks given by:
Bump, anyone interested?
Thanks given by:
Seriously £125 for a pair of adaptors? If they were half that then i would be sorely tempted but that seems incredibly steep for two blocks of ali?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Custom job with a low quantity, seems cheap or at least comparable for me. Bet new ones from RD are same price.

Still cheaper than a new pair of discs and that's the main thing for me Smile
Thanks given by:
the Pendulum Motorsport RS Brembo 310mm brake kit costs about the same for the brackets.

you're paying for machine time as much as the materials
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Here is the prototype I have, just to give you an idea.

Anyone on the 6 forum want to post it up?

Must be noted that we can't post in there if you guys are reading without paying up for membership Wink

Happy to hook up and pool resources on this as already have started the process, and know the guys doing it.

[Image: IMG_7902_zpsmbnfmtfk.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There's already a group buy on GTI-6 for Wilwoods adaptors using previously designed and tried and tested brackets bud.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2016, 06:42 AM)roland rat Wrote: There's already a group buy on GTI-6 for Wilwoods adaptors using previously designed and tried and tested brackets bud.

yup i know, can't post in there

i'll be copying same tried and tested bracket, verbatim.

Just posting up prototype to show something is already in action and been produced.

plus can get this going with 5 people, or even cheaper with 10

ta!
Thanks given by:
It's nice how everybody is copying my tried and test bracket without even the courtesy to ask if I mind.....Wink

edit: Nm, just seen that proto, at least you did your own variation!
Make sure they form those mounting threads, not cut them (or helicoil 'em if forming is not an option) that was the worst area for fatigue cycles when I was doing FEA on the original brackets, hence all my threads were rolled, not tapped.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2016, 09:09 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: It's nice how everybody is copying my tried and test bracket without even the courtesy to ask if I mind.....Wink

edit: Nm, just seen that proto, at least you did your own variation!
Make sure they form those mounting threads, not cut them (or helicoil 'em if forming is not an option) that was the worst area for fatigue cycles when I was doing FEA on the original brackets, hence all my threads were rolled, not tapped.

Thanks for the input on the threads, if this actually gets some interested I'll spec them to be formed or helicoiled.

Would love it if you had the time, capacity, access ...etc to machines still to be able to do another run of your brackets as they looked mint. Might remember I did try to engage you on this all those months ago, and I understand the reasons why its no longer feasible.

Essentially I just need to change the offset of the Rally Design Brackets - all else should be equal.

Anyone happen to know the difference? Assume its around 10mm as thats what spacers are required to run clones, but no idea without having both types of discs and a way to measure them.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm working on getting another machine but it won't be for a while yet, looking at £20k before I even buy tooling...

If I can find my spare bracket I'll let you know the offset but mine seems to have gone walkies atm.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
rd kit was a 285mm disc, no idea if they were specific to their kit or from another vehicle, but they went under stuff like 205 1.9 wheels without a spacer in most cases.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cheap ph3 headlamps, broken brackets welshpug 1 1,212 07-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  XU10 engine mounting brackets welshpug 2 1,594 04-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Willwood Bias Valve Lever Type £40 Posted Paul_13 1 1,354 21-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Paul_13