What daily for 2-3k?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What daily for 2-3k?
saab 93
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 11:57 AM)1616six Wrote: Lexus.

Awesome barge! On my list of potential next cars.

Which one?

(05-10-2016, 12:24 PM)Eeyore Wrote: saab 93

I like these, but don't think I want one.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Fast, Manual, Petrol.

I'll assume you don't want to be like every other wanker who buys a VAG so I'll suggest a Mondeo ST220

You could go for massive tart points and get a Porsche cockster for that sort of money IIRC.

And everyone is gonna groan when I say Impreza WRX.
Thanks given by:
RX-8?

No idea if they are fast and I'm going to keep suggesting it til I get one or someone else does lol
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 07:38 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 11:57 AM)1616six Wrote: Lexus.

Awesome barge! On my list of potential next cars.

Which one?

(05-10-2016, 12:24 PM)Eeyore Wrote: saab 93

I like these, but don't think I want one.

I'd be looking at a GS of some description, a nice big auto barge. So much spec for the money!
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 08:36 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: RX-8?

No idea if they are fast and I'm going to keep suggesting it til I get one or someone else does lol

Awful daily.

Not all that fast, drinks fuel like its addicted and oil too....thats if it has any compression left!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142137735888

Just awesome for value for money. I love them, so underrated!
Thanks given by:
Civic type r? saab 9 3 aero? So many cars in this price range, trying to find a good one may be a bit tricky though whatever you look at
Surprised noone has came in with '306 gti' yet lol
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 08:54 PM)MY95 Wrote: Civic type r? saab 9 3 aero? So many cars in this price range, trying to find a good one may be a bit tricky though whatever you look at

Coz he already has one!? lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 08:41 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Awful daily.

Not all that fast, drinks fuel like its addicted and oil too....thats if it has any compression left!

Yeah and when you say daily I assume you mean reliable which you can't exactly call the temperamental RX8.
There's a reason why they are cheap.
Thanks given by:
Might be looking at one on Saturday lmao

Still keeping the XUD though.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 07:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Fast, Manual, Petrol.

I'll assume you don't want to be like every other wanker who buys a VAG so I'll suggest a Mondeo ST220

You could go for massive tart points and get a Porsche cockster for that sort of money IIRC.

And everyone is gonna groan when I say Impreza WRX.

I get more than enough vag as it is. Cool

I like ST220s, been looking at them, my friend used to have one and it was good. It did fall to bits though.

I would like a WRX but I don't think they are in the sort of condition I'd want for this kind of money, are they? Certainly not when I was looking a few months ago.

Wouldn't want a cheap, non-S boxster.

I'd quite like to reach my destination once in a while. Plus I don't like the styling of them at all.

(05-10-2016, 08:40 PM)1616six Wrote: I'd be looking at a GS of some description, a nice big auto barge. So much spec for the money!

Not a terrible spec for the money, but I don't want a big auto barge, I want a fun, petrol, manual car.

(05-10-2016, 08:54 PM)MY95 Wrote: Civic type r? saab 9 3 aero? So many cars in this price range, trying to find a good one may be a bit tricky though whatever you look at

A 306gti is a good suggestion, I've been thinking of just getting a xsara vts tbh.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure that 3k would get you a nice clio 182 cup in gordini blue with a nice few extras.

They make a good daily tbh, frugal, fun and at least being french as and when they break down.. its a cheap fix with plentiful amounts of spares Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/clio-182-remap...SwCGVX84Ok

Given the time of year etc i would say this could be negotiated for 3k with ease. and is a very good subtle but quality spec just for example.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2016, 06:59 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Pretty sure that 3k would get you a nice clio 182 cup in gordini blue with a nice few extras.

They make a good daily tbh, frugal, fun and at least being french as and when they break down.. its a cheap fix with plentiful amounts of spares Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/clio-182-remap...SwCGVX84Ok

Given the time of year etc i would say this could be negotiated for 3k with ease. and is a very good subtle but quality spec just for example.

This. Just bought a 182 as a daily to make for something a bit cheaper to run than the Focus ST I had previously. Great car as a daily, surprisingly quick (would surprise the Focus I'm sure), good on fuel, cheap to fix, handles pretty damn well (better than most things).

A smidge over £2k got me a 04 reg, 93k miles Black Gold 182 with a couple of modifications on it (not all that I'm particularly fond of, but still). Well looked after little thing with bags of invoices with it.
Thanks given by:
Madza 6 MPS
Thanks given by:
Mark 4 astra gsi :p , although most have chronic engine problems now through years of constant abuse.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ah I forgot to mention that I was also looking at 182s. I found a really good one but tbh I just don't really like them much. I can appreciate them as quick cars, but I never look at them and just "want" them.

I did also look at the Mazda 6 MPS.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
406 coupe v6? Plenty of change from your £3k and a lot of car for the money. My 2.2 Hdi is really rather good for what is nearly 200K and 14 years of abuse..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
My brother has an RX8 for sale with a new clutch just fitted. He's going travelling and no longer needs it.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2016, 04:02 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: 406 coupe v6? Plenty of change from your £3k and a lot of car for the money. My 2.2 Hdi is really rather good for what is nearly 200K and 14 years of abuse..

I do like these actually.

Don't really want an RX8, I don't like the styling at all and they are notorious for issues. You can get "good" ones for peanuts as a result.

I missed out on a nice 330i recently which was frustrating!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Mazda 6 mps

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Corrado VR6?

Fantastic noise, good chassis, practical(ish) and won't decrease in value!
Thanks given by:
I actually drove my brothers RX8 yesterday.

Yeah, you don't want one of them. Horrible car.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane...SwZJBX~UA6

Before you decide otherwise... Read up and research the 225 trophy Smile one very well fettled car!

Edit: another one you would have plenty of change from! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane...Sw9NdXs5It
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2016, 07:27 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane...SwZJBX~UA6

Before you decide otherwise... Read up and research the 225 trophy Smile one very well fettled car!

Edit: another one you would have plenty of change from! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane...Sw9NdXs5It

Ufff, really really like these! It's tempting to sell the GTi6 for one but I'd want the R26 F1 with an LSD which pushes them up to about £4k+.
Thanks given by:
If anyone can actually find me a good, 90k miles or less 330i sport, or impreza wrx for this budget I'd be quite surprised. There's the odd SE spec 330i around for that money I guess.

I'd also prefer to be able to PX my car just due to time limitations etc.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
My e46 330d is in the for sale section. A lot of car for 2k

It's double the mileage you're looking for though..!
Thanks given by:
I'd suggest joining up to the e36/46 facebook group sale page, stuff on there all the time. Seen a few nice spec 330's on there recently
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 08:30 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: My e46 330d is in the for sale section. A lot of car for 2k

It's double the mileage you're looking for though..!

It's also a diesel. I want a powerful petrol.

(26-10-2016, 08:57 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: I'd suggest joining up to the e36/46 facebook group sale page, stuff on there all the time. Seen a few nice spec 330's on there recently

Thanks. I may well do so. I've been thinking of just keeping my current daily and saving my money.

Project Thread
Thanks given by: