Hobbies outside of cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies outside of cars
So, what are other peoples hobbies besides cars? anyone got a strange/interesting one?

Mine: I race MTB's and love it, play squash at a premier County level, gym, movies, food etc
Thanks given by:
I bought a speedboat dead cheap 5 years ago and then got it to a useable condition. I then bought a much nicer one and use them both for wakeboarding.

I then do lots of sailing in my own boats and also teach others how to sail both volunteering and as a second job managing a watersports centre.

I have some electronics projects which i mess around with.

I keep my hand in with web design and charge for that.

I do the vinyl bits and pieces for people and charge a bit for that.

I do some bits of film work and was paid for the vw expo video last year.

and.... i have a quadcopter which i use for aerial photos which i cant charge for...

Im always busy and most weekends have a choice of at least 2 or 3 things to do!
Thanks given by:
MTB, Drinking heavily and masturbation. Not all at the same time i must stress.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Detailing.
Music.
Cars.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 04:50 PM)Niall Wrote: MTB, Drinking heavily and masturbation. Not all at the same time i must stress.

Spoil sport Tongue sounds like a perfect game of danger wanking ? Haha

Ohh mines motocross and playing with old tractors Smile
Thanks given by:
picture editing, horses with the missus, photography, good old gran turismo gaming, ice skating (not as much anymore).
Thanks given by:
I also go to work. Where i fix cars.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
say what?
Thanks given by:
Videogames and fixing/tinkering with assorted things. See my shed thread, which I really need to update.
Thanks given by:
I am a Musician (see avatar <<<<<<), guitar and vocal mainly but play piano, bass, drums as well, played Sunday league football for the last 17 seasons, into my snooker and pool, pretty fond of drinking and sex too . . .Big Grin

EDIT: some of my music on Soundcloud if you click that yellow circle link to the left there . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I am a bit of an old school pc fan,  i do like old Microsoft Operating systems and old networks, that started off when i did my Microsoft Certified Professional in windows XP years ago. I decided to learn to be backwards compatible in case, i came up against older systems that ran windows 98 etc at the time. It sort of stuck with me since,
I revamped my old Microsoft lab, last year and then again at the back end of the year. Just before xmas i managed to get an old pre windows 95 network running, was a little tricky ( wait till you see the Operating system) was great to see it working, and brought me back to the days i was at school, but i do want try and get some old school MS DOS networking going on, but that's tricky.
Great stuff though so i can play old MS DOS games!

[Image: 2016-01-04%2016.22.46_zpsqdycmdt9.jpg]

[Image: 2016-01-04%2019.11.21_zps8vxls8bw.jpg]

[Image: 2016-01-04%2016.20.43_zpsft1bhlkc.jpg]
when was the last time you saw a desk top like that ^
the server I built
[Image: 2016-01-04%2016.20.31_zpsdsotlhs9.jpg]

Stuff I want to get hold of is RM nimbus software but that stuff is hard to come by, The server stuff is even harder!
some of you may have used these years ago, back in the 90s!
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mickfrench/rmnimbus.htm
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 07:09 PM)procta Wrote: I am a bit of an old school pc fan,  i do like old Microsoft Operating systems and old networks, that started off when i did my Microsoft Certified Professional in windows XP years ago. I decided to learn to be backwards compatible in case, i came up against older systems that ran windows 98 etc at the time. It sort of stuck with me since,
I revamped my old Microsoft lab, last year and then again at the back end of the year. Just before xmas i managed to get an old pre windows 95 network running, was a little tricky ( wait till you see the Operating system) was great to see it working, and brought me back to the days i was at school, but i do want try and get some old school MS DOS networking going on, but that's tricky.
Great stuff though so i can play old MS DOS games!

[Image: 2016-01-04%2016.22.46_zpsqdycmdt9.jpg]

[Image: 2016-01-04%2019.11.21_zps8vxls8bw.jpg]

[Image: 2016-01-04%2016.20.43_zpsft1bhlkc.jpg]
when was the last time you saw a desk top like that ^
the server I built
[Image: 2016-01-04%2016.20.31_zpsdsotlhs9.jpg]

Stuff I want to get hold of is RM nimbus software but that stuff is hard to come by, The server stuff is even harder!
some of you may have used these years ago, back in the 90s!
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mickfrench/rmnimbus.htm

Amstrad CPC?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
closest thing I found to old ms dos networking was ACT/ Apricot pcs, it has some of the MS DOS server stuff etc, but getting that stuff to run is impossible sadly.
Thanks given by:
Travelling is my biggest passion. We did most of Western Europe last year, New York in March this year and driving Chicago to LA taking in Vegas and San Francisco en-route in a convertible mustang for my 30th next August. 

I'm also into walking / rambling / mild climbing and we've done the three peaks challenge and climbed Carantoohill (spelling), the tallest mountain in Ireland. We wanna do Kilamanjaro at some point in the future as well

Other than that I'm pretty boring. I like science fiction in its various forms, and have written stories in the past that have been published as ebooks (before anyone could just list them on Amazon), and submit a TV pilot script to BBC once a year. 

Got a black lab so we do quite a lot of dog related things.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I have got back into riding motocross again this year. 

If im not working or pissing about with my bike or my brothers bike, i am most likely to be messing with a car or in the pub.
I do like a good hoppy ale or three.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Tarkwondo, running and detailing.

Oh and I get roped into dealing with horses also...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I work on cars, play with cars.

I suppose i also like building pcs. Dont get to do that very often
Guitar not very good but i enjoy it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I still haven't found any hobbies lol, turns out I'm just a really boring person. lol

I like music while doing other things, but wouldn't just sit and listen to it so not sure that counts.

I like detailing but don't class that as a hobby.

I like walking - when there aren't people, their ferocious animals, sun and pollen everywhere...
Thanks given by:
Boost. Music. Boost.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I build and fly RC planes.

A few i have built so far Tongue

Bronco, twin engine, with FPV setup now installed.

[Image: 52A3CE2F-0F01-4E06-8F0E-BE83F254E259.jpg]

Tiny Trainer sorer mod

[Image: 0C1DF9BD-610E-43EB-8453-D122FAC4F8FE.jpg]

F22 raptor

[Image: 3DF2A8B3-E411-4D7A-AF87-89202B51E5C7.jpg]

Bloody Wonder

[Image: IMG_20150423_202813.jpg]

Storch

[Image: IMG_20150324_104601.jpg]

My first F22

[Image: IMG_20150310_161221.jpg]

One i didnt build, but bought
SPITFIRE Smile

[Image: 20150101_1856011.jpg]

i can make them really cheap, as i use foam, and not balsa wood. I was given a large scale spitfire, but i have not started it yet, that needs alot of electrical stuff, which is holding me back on the build.

It has beena combination of getting a few bits each year, trying to do this for free or next to nothing is really hard, so i try not to crash where ever possible ha ha ha.

the most expensive plane i built, was the bronco, which i beleieve cost me about £40 to build. that was the cost of the electronics, and about £20 for a huge box of foam sheeting Smile lol.

So much fun in these planes,
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Sport mostly, i play football and cricket and will watch pretty much most sports.
Thanks given by:
sleeping! lol!
no, but I do, do a bit of ad-hoc dj-ing for friends parties.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Currently political commentary and economic policy expertise
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Rc cars, Nationals at 15, engine sponsor at 16 good times. Now just a pure and expensive hobby! Still posses 7 working models haha.

[Image: 096F5944-B00F-4BB8-8A7E-C1EC3FEF3A68_zps6rbso5b8.jpg]

oh then theres the 205.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Aside from cars which is most of what I'm into I have an Irish Water Spaniel called Scout which I show so grooming and walking and generally entertaining the dude takes a bit of time. Then there's music I'm into virtually everything but have a big passion for old school dance and I dj the odd time. I have a tonne of dj equipment collected over the years. Used to be big into watersports and mountain biking but then I got my licence lol. Also spend a good bit of time travelling around with my friends. Ireland's a fun place to say "lets go that way" we generally never end up more than 3 hrs away yet we cover a good chunk of the country haha
Thanks given by:
I class work as a hobby i get paid for but it involves cars..

Cars
Off roading
Golf
motorbikes
pitbikes
general family shizzle like picnics and days out.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hobbies mostly are cars..cutting my hands to f*ck on said cars
Masturbation..
Drinking relentless
Masturbation
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Hobbies insomaniac45 18 8,337 13-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Last Post: fgrc76