In or out...

Poll: EU,, in or out
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
In
54.29%
19 54.29%
Out
45.71%
16 45.71%
Shake it all about
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In or out...
Obviously this isnt a place for arguements,  but i am interested as to where people stand on the EU..

dont feel obligued to post if you dont want to
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Got a feeling most will say out here.
Thanks given by:
are these votes anon? cba with the arguments for or against. i keep my opinons to myself about that

voted anyway lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I won't get into any debates but in short my opinion is that I firmly believe that this is not the best the country can be.
Thanks given by:
....still will mean we have a human government....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Anyone watched Brexit The Movie?
Thanks given by:
I think we should leave, and get our industrial kick started again. be a close call I think though
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 08:24 PM)306carter Wrote: Anyone watched Brexit The Movie?

Yup, eye opener.
Thanks given by:
according to some newspaper reports, with Greece on the edge of imploding, France & Spain stagnating, & Germany controlling the purse-strings, do we really want to stick around when the crap hits the fan?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
remain simply because i dont trust our current government and the less control they have over human rights and many other things the better.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 08:35 PM)Eeyore Wrote: remain simply because i dont trust our current government and the less control they have over human rights and many other things the better.

If we leave, the current government will not last.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 08:33 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: according to some newspaper reports, with Greece on the edge of imploding, France & Spain stagnating, & Germany controlling the purse-strings, do we really want to stick around when the crap hits the fan?

it is a ticking time bomb, so again I think we are better off out of it, I recon we will do alright on our own.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 08:35 PM)Eeyore Wrote: remain simply because i dont trust our current government and the less control they have over human rights and many other things the better.

our Govt. is elected by us, and can be booted out by us, if they fail to deliver on their manifesto's, or we grow tired of them.
the EU set-up is markedly different in that the majority of persons 'in charge' don't stand for election on any platform of policies.
Even T Benn (Lab. Chesterfield) called the thing undemocratic.
or,
as in the run up to the American war of Independence, "No Taxation without representation".
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Interesting it's 50/50 on the poll atm!

I'll be honest, I don't 'get' a lot of politics, but I have been trying to watch the programmes and read stuff to make a slightly more educated vote tomorrow. Will be keeping it to myself though lol.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 09:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Interesting it's 50/50 on the poll atm!

I'll be honest, I don't 'get' a lot of politics, but I have been trying to watch the programmes and read stuff to make a slightly more educated vote tomorrow.  lol.

reflects the national opinion polls.

Will be keeping it to myself though --- good call! Smile
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
It's getting harder for people to make a decision especially when both sides are just mud slinging now but the "out" argument seems to be rapidly degenerating into "close the borders against brown people" and makes us just looks like inbred racists to the rest of the world (the football fans don't help)

I'm for staying with the EU, because I'm humble and don't think our national cock is as big as others seem to think it is with "the world needs us" written on the side of it. Stuff like the EU has no doubt helped stuff like the introduction of eurocodes which allows British engineering companies to operate easily throughout Europe meaning jobs for people like me Wink

Yes we send money to other countries but to be fair places like Spain have taken alot of the fat old people of our hands lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Voted.

All i shall say is this: Look at the most successful countries in the world, whether that be measured by way of quality of life, gdp/head, stability, whatever - the one thing that remains true throughout is a general independence from trade agreements, treaties, organisations and the like. Food for thought...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

It will be sooo much better when Comrade Corby is in charge LOL
Thanks given by:
no brainer, IN.

on a French car forum, I can't believe there would be anyone so racist to vote out, if it were BNP central I'd understand it!

our industries are f*cked because WE f*cked them up, not the EU, leaving the EU will f*ck them even further.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 10:42 AM)welshpug Wrote: no brainer, IN.

on a French car forum, I can't believe there would be anyone so racist to vote out, if it were BNP central I'd understand it!

our industries are f*cked because WE f*cked them up, not the EU, leaving the EU will f*ck them even further.

Have you never seen how all these threads end up?

People have strong opinions and some will voice them productively, whichever side they stand on, while others clearly can't as their knuckles hurt too much from dragging them along the floor so the whole thing descends into arguments and insults. (Yes I see the irony in this post when I mention insults)

EDIT: I usually refrain from the discussion as I never feel I know enough to participate.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 51b088587b1e41b499ab37d6ff5b879d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not going to even participate - no need.

To much opinion on either side, nobody knows the facts - not even the experts, because it's all speculation...

Time diminishes risk.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 11:02 AM)Ruan Wrote: Not going to even participate - no need.

To much opinion on either side, nobody knows the facts - not even the experts, because it's all speculation...

Time diminishes risk.

This is exctly the reason my wife only knows who im voting for. I dont want to get drgged into arguments over things that quite frankly i dont care about. I am voting for who i am because it seems to be more benifical for myself. Same way when i vote in the genral elections.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I predict an approximately 65% majority vote to remain vs. 35% leave.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 11:05 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(23-06-2016, 11:02 AM)Ruan Wrote: Not going to even participate - no need.

Time diminishes risk.

This is exctly the reason my wife only knows who im voting for. I dont want to get drgged into arguments over things that quite frankly i dont care about. I am voting for who i am because it seems to be more benifical for myself. Same way when i vote in the genral elections.

and me.
Thanks given by:
I'm out

Our vote if we are out or if it's close will be the catalyst for German, French and other northern European countries to have their own leaving vote, if they leave that will leave us massively out voted by and expected to pay for alot of the less well off southern european countries.

Get out while you can.
Thanks given by:
Because the NHS has been screwed over, my employer is relying even heavier on EU sourced funding as the NHS budgets have been severely cut.

If we leave, they'll screw the NHS even more, and we'll lose the eu funding, basically I'd be screwed.

As for the arguments put forward by the immigrant haters.

Ship building finished> yeah, because we were too costly, and a non EU country is better at it than us.

Coal mining finished, yeah, because there's better stuff to provide electricity than Coal.

Steel works finished, yeah because haemorrhaging a fe million a week makes financial sense, when a non EU country can produce it for less than us.

Fishing destroyed, it destroyed itself.

Immigrants are bad? , yeah, the doctors shortages, NHS England is propped up by 10% of its doctors being foreign.

Wales and Scotland I'd suspect an even higher proportion isn't welsh or Scottish.

At my workplace we are lucky to be able to participate in Jobs Growth Wales.

Its is funded by the Welsh Government with the support of the European Social Fund. £25 million of European funding has been agreed to support the continuation of Jobs Growth Wales over the next 3 years.

This investment will support the creation of thousands of new job opportunities for 16-24 year olds – and the aim is to create 2,900 of these jobs by the end of March 2016.

A similar project is Work Choice programme, also funded by the European Social Fund.

We've just had a lovely Slovakian Lad Tomas start, a very polite punctual young lad being given a chance top further his employment prospects, thanks to the EU.

Thanks to the EU he's not just another immigrant sat on the dole (its not just abut immigrants, most of the people being helped along are British born)

I live in Bridgend now, where 19 million Ford engines are built a year, a few thousand people are employed.

that's anything from the 1.0 Ecoboost to the 5.0 Jag Supercharged V8.

They're staying in Bridgend for the foreseeable thanks to Welsh government funding, guess where a big chunk of that comes from...

ohhh yeah, E.U.

I'd trust the EU far more than our own bent corrupt politicians spending our money.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 10:42 AM)welshpug Wrote: no brainer, IN.

I can't believe you're daft enough to associate an out vote with racism.

There are plenty of good reasons to vote out that have nothing to do with immigration or all that meaningless bollox that's got all the headlines (although frankly anyone voting on something as petty as immigration alone needs their head checking) - such as the EU meddling in the government elections of italy and greece, delivering financial aid ultimatums that change if they don't like the elected party, never having an audit on their own accounts, corruption investigations across multitudes of non-elected officials with money disappearing, and the complete shit-fest of can-kicking that has been and continues to be the economy of Greece with Ireland and Italy not far behind 'em.

Saying that, it still brings more benefits than it harms imo, but there's a shitload of reason someone might vote out. Not least all the ill informed arses shouting 'racist' at everyone from the 'stay' camp. I'm voting IN, but the EU needs a fuckload of work at the upper levels. At least if we're in we won't get the blame when the finances go to shit anyway.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Having spent my formative years in Boston, Lincolnshire a town famous for its 50/50 split English vs Eastern Europeans I can firmly say I'm out.

This is immaterial tho because the nation will vote to remain because they favour short term status quo over long term prosperity. For me, it'll just be enough reason to emigrate.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 02:51 PM)Orta Wrote: Having spent my formative years in Boston, Lincolnshire a town famous for its 50/50 split English vs Eastern Europeans I can firmly say I'm out.

This is immaterial tho because the nation will vote to remain because they favour short term status quo over long term prosperity. For me, it'll just be enough reason to emigrate.

Precisely why im not voting, this country is f*cked either way and will never be 'great' britain again. I'll be upping sticks and going too australia or the USA as soon as life hands me the oppurtunity.

And yes i will be shipping all my worldly possesions with me Tongue Imagine ramping a charged rallye down route 66!!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: