1.6 starting problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.6 starting problems
Question 
hello im having problems with my 1.6 medrian 306, struggling to start, it will spin over but no start, i can smell fuel and i know i have spark as well, just confused where to look next to be honest, eventually the car will start after trying to start the vehicle, and its getting worse day by day as well, any ideas what to check next? i have checked the feeds at the ignition coil and i have both 12v pulsing for cyinders 1-3 2-4 ect and live 12v feed and earth that goes to some block, tried with a different crank sensor and still is the same,
Thanks given by:
air filter? intake pipes, make sure they are all clean and clear.

fuel filter? when was the last time that was changed?

when did you last change the plugs? you may have a spark, but if the plugs are crap, then the spark will be too.

normally a good servicing sorts out small running issues Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Why would you check the LT side if you've already check the HT? Or have you not checked the HT side?

Sounds like a coil pack is all.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: