Highs and lows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highs and lows
Bug 
Whats the recommended personal preference on the suspension on your 306? I used to have 60mm front and i would say matched rear (i didnt do it) but have changed fronts to bilstein b4 struts and 30mm springs but havent had chance to get the rear done as of yet so looks like the bum is on the deck, as i do not know how low it went on rear, would raising it 30mm be fine would someone know how to correct its height without knowing its current lowering or am i better off having it put back to standard height and starting again?

Was going with the theory of from standard lowering front -30 rear would need to be -30 too?
Thanks given by:
30mm drop is good, though B4s aren't any better than standard afaik. Rear should be set roughly the same as the front, slightly higher if anything.
Thanks given by:
I have VTS shocks on front which is about 30mm lower, rear is stock and will be sorted asap, but atm I have a socket set, a tool box and an XSi gearbox in the boot which makes her look level ha ha ha

I'm not intending on keeping it like that btw as the box at some point soon will be put in Smile

But yeah 30mm I have found to be just about drivable with all the bloody speed bumps and such, any lower and my front valance will be getting scrapped all the bloody time
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Is the xsi box any different to the 2.0 cabby box?
Thanks given by:
i dont believe so, they look identical, both ran the same engine. just it came out of an XSi an not a cabby Tongue

Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
for the rear you measure from the middle or top of the hub to the top of the arch. extend by that 30mm and you should be in business.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all
Thanks given by:
So can someone please explain to me what is involved in lowering 30mm all round- parts list work list etc?? Cheers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Less Lows = Lift? John1.4 25 5,557 18-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Last Post: John1.4