What top mounts??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What top mounts??
Hey guys, 
I have a wierd nose coming from the front left only when returning from full lock, 

I am thinking it is the top mounts, now being as the parts market from what I have seen can be a bit of a mine field, what top mounts should I go for for the cabby?

Nothing special, stock will do as I would never be able to afford anything special. 

Any help would be great

Tony
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
SKF. Pretty sure ECP stock them
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got some KYB ones from mister auto which came with the top mount bearings too aswell as new bolts. Good quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Skf kit from ecp/cp4less is the one I've used most recently
Thanks given by:
whatever 3rd/4th hand ones i got my hands on from various shocks and springs weve replaced where i work. lol never out a new top mount bearing in one lol.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Being a bit noobish here, as I have never actually taken the top mounts out, I was looking at complete replacements, but with what Matt and Niall are saying, is it really just a bearing race? If so that is going to be so much cheaperSmile cheers guys
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
depends on mileage and condition, but by now probably wise to replace the top mounting as well as the bearing that sits between it and the top spring pan.

if youre keeping the can then a brank like skf etc would be preferable, vetech from gsf is dirt cheap on trade but might not last that long.

how long, is a piece of string!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
How long is a piece of string??

As long as you want it!! Ha ha ha

But I understand about quality, SKF are my preference when it comes to bearings. I've put in thousands of them over my time so far Smile and their quality/price has always been good.

Will any of the top mounting plates fit? As I believe I have VTS shocks on the front.

Tony
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Be advised that I have had multiple SKF topmount kits not fit, however I think that this is because I have a ph.1 and their kit is listed as fitting all 306 variants. If you have a later car they should be okay.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Try genuine bud they got to be worth it and you know they will fit perfect and last forever
Thanks given by:
Just get the skf from ecp. Never had any issues and probably had 3 sets now on various cars.
Thanks given by:
only difference in 306 is pas and non pas, xsara is the same.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
In that case I had multiple SKF kits that I had to return as they did not fit, including ones that arrived clearly test-fitted by someone else and returned due to the dirt all over them and paint marks indicating where the holes should have lined up to.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: