Rads and pipes 1.4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rads and pipes 1.4
Right have a few q's for you guys.

Got a 1.4 and the rad has been replaced twice now, it's got the stupid circlip fitting on the end. Last time i cut the pipe to get the rad out then got a second hand one with pipe on already but had a tiny leak on that joint so use rad weld and been ok for 2 years.

So old rad is now out and would rather put an easier to replace rad in, could i not use one with a push on connector instead of the circlipped one.

Also the top rad hose off a ph2 vtr saxo is the same as mine so was wondering if the bottom was too? Only thought being i can get a silicone hose kit for a vtr but can't seem to find one for a 1.4 306.

Just thinking of easier replacements as really hate the circlips with a passion!

By the way i also checked on ECP and it came up with 2 rads for mine;
1. 457mm length
2. 610mm length

Would of thought the longer one as isn't the shorter one for a Saxo?

a/c model by the way.

Old rad.
[Image: e57c5f5141908faaff562324acca041f.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They are a pain those bottom pipes.
But you have the easier version...there is another with the plastic twist clips...they are truly crap.
Way I see it though is that once you've done it...don't need to touch it again for...well a long time.

Clean up the clip and hose/oil the seal... Take your time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I kind of need a new hose either way after mine being not so easy to get off and got a bit angry with it. kind of the same reason as last time i changed it!

The 1st rad was original and developed a leak on that joint and the second rad (second hand) also had a leak on it.

Is there no better option? Need to try and get it sorted for Pugfest.
Thanks given by: