1.4 Accelerating On it's Own

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.4 Accelerating On it's Own
So my 1.4 Meridian 2000 didn't idle the revs would just drop and the car would stall I fixed this by replacing the idle control valve. Once I had replaced this the car started to over rev and would accelerate without me touching the pedal when in neutral it wouldn't be a problem it just made me look like a tit revving the ass out of my car at traffic lights and such but when in gear the car speeds up. I have replaced the TPS (throttle position sensor) but the problem continues when I unplug the TPS it runs fine but only up to 2000revs. I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has any other ideas to what it could be?

Thank you!!!
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
Air leak somewhere on the inlet side? Split vacuum hose?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Have you not just tryed adjusting the throttle cable? I had to do that a while ago, but also on cold days when stopped at lights mine will rev up and down from 850 to 1500 until i get the bite on the clutch and and the release again then it settles back to normal.
Thanks given by:
Cheap ICV? That's most likely your problem if so.
Thanks given by:
yeh make sure you use a decent ICv and that there are no leaks.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2016, 09:05 AM)Eeyore Wrote: yeh make sure you use a decent ICv and that there are no leaks.

The ICV cost around £40 so it should be fine in my eyes. When checking for leaks am I just looking at every hose on the car or are there common ones that fail?

(09-06-2016, 06:00 AM)P-Courty Wrote: Have you not just tryed adjusting the throttle cable? I had to do that a while ago, but also on cold days when stopped at lights mine will rev up and down from 850 to 1500 until i get the bite on the clutch and and the release again then it settles back to normal.

Ill give that a shot mine normal sorts itself out once the clutch bites but it revs itself and accelerates when slowing down.
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
Every hose and joint between the throttle body and the engine....
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Cracked inlet manifold perhaps?

And make sure you havent knocked the o ring off the ISCV
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
did you reset the ecu etc after fitting the icv ?i know i fitted one once and had issues what i did was too Disconnect the battery for half hour then turning the ignition 2 clicks 4 times then start tha car all was fine after that.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 09:57 AM)vincent1 Wrote: did you reset the ecu etc after fitting the icv ?i know i fitted one once and had issues what i did was too Disconnect the battery for half hour then turning the ignition 2 clicks 4 times then start tha car all was fine after that.

I'll give that a shot when I get back home tonight, thank you!

(09-06-2016, 02:39 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Every hose and joint between the throttle body and the engine....
Thank you........... Very Helpful..........
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by: