Engine coolant flush

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine coolant flush
Rad weld, how do you get rid of it?

I really need to flush this stuff out my system. I never use it but someone had put it in.

I think it's rad weld in the system and I've replaced the rad.

What's the best way to get it all out?

I've done a clean water flush and it still looks a bit crap in there.

I'm thinking of use some of that Holt flush stuff but I've read mixed reviews on it.
Thanks given by:
Dishwasher tablet in the header tank gets mentioned quite a lot. But then so does you can never get it out and best option is new...
Thanks given by:
I'm a bit wary about using dishwasher tabs as they contain salt and worried that might cause some corrosion in the new rad, head or heater matrix.

I've got some holts system flush, I'll run that through the system and see if that improves any thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Sludge remover for central heating systems?
I've no idea if it is any good or not, just a suggestion.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
True about the salt, but can run pure water 2-3 times after as a thorough flush + run the hose through the system?
Having the salt sitting and circulating with the other cleaners wouldn't be so bad.
Thanks given by:
How many title changes do you want? lol

Engine flush makes me think oil though!

I would use the proper radflush stuff, don't think it'll break down and solid radweld though.
Thanks given by:
One more change Wink

I'd just like it so the coolant isn't brown and it would be nice to get most of it out.
Thanks given by:
coolant will always go brown with an iorn block over time

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
add 'fernox' inhibitor?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
ordinary soap powder does the trick, then a few clean water flushes before adding antifreeze.
Thanks given by:
The heater matrix can contain "rust mud" as can the block.

Drain and refill with clean water. run to temp or for a day normal use in summer ok, then repeat.

A hose pipe can flush and reverse flush rad, block, heater matrix and expansion tank till clean.

Final flush and refill with just water, check for leaks, then go with the anti freeze/corrosion inhibitor.

Long winded and a bit of a pita but the system will be clean.

Used radlfush in the past, not that good imho
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 12:31 PM)cully Wrote: coolant will always go brown with an iorn block over time

Maybe on a petrol as the heat can break down the antifreeze but on a HDi, it should remain clear. I was running on coolant that came with the car when I bought it, 4 years on and it was still clear.
Thanks given by: