Tom's Sanitary towel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's Sanitary towel
So here it is, straight swap for the GTi6!!

2008 Fiesta ST in Performance Blue (that increases performance right?) with the white decals
115k (high miles for these, I know)
MOT until September
Tax costs £230 a year same as the GTi6
Fully stamped service book up to 105k so could do with one now
150bhp, 5 speed manual
Miltek catback

Half leather seats, electric mirrors, heated screen, AC (currently not working), rear tints, electric windows with one touch drivers...not sure what else I can say about it!  Seems to drive nicely and pretty quick too.  It's much more my kinda thing than the GTi6, I prefer more modern stuff these days, each to their own imo.  The swap worked out well as the guy prefers old Peugeots and I prefer more modern stuff. I'm well aware it'll be too modern, lairy and not French for most on here lol. lol

Looks like I wont get a chance to clean it until the weekend at least so here's some dirty pics, it wasn't actually for sale hence not being cleaned, was a quick decision to offer the swap, but I don't mind a bit of cleaning lol.

[Image: Lj4sY1z.jpg]

[Image: OdWNmTB.jpg]

[Image: IDqwVio.jpg]

[Image: PTYRk1u.jpg]

[Image: elhAU76.jpg]

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Astounded you managed to get an 08 plate car as a straight swap for the '6, there has to be something wrong with it surely?! If not, then fair play sir!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ummm I hope you HPI checked it
looks like a good swap for you

I think if it was me on my own id be looking at getting rid of the focus and running this one for a while

well done for holding out till something Positive to come along

ThumbsUp

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Would really like one of these if the engine wasnt so disapointing
150 from 2.0l isn't brilliant
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I really like that. What a deal. Who cares if you didn't HPI it, even if it were a Cat C it's worth the swap!

If it were mine I think I'd leave it as it is or maybe remove the stripes but leave the bottoms of the doors as they are.

Nuts though, I'd give you the £1200 you wanted for the '6 for it Wink
Thanks given by:
If everything checks out OK then I reckon that you've scored an absolute bargain there swapping that for a mediocre GTi-6!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
As said...these tune easy...quite restricted as standard.

Love them...want one
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
a good deal. i hope your 6 stays around for longer as i really liked it.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 11:52 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Astounded you managed to get an 08 plate car as a straight swap for the '6, there has to be something wrong with it surely?! If not, then fair play sir!

You're right it isn't perfect!

There is a key issue currently which is the main problem. Basically the only key snapped in the ignition barrel, so has a new blade and barrel fitted which works fine and the central locking works as well. But the blade obviously doesn't work any external locks - which is important when there are only two ways to open the tailgate - with the boot popper that always breaks on mk6 Fiestas, or with the key...so yeah, cant access the boot without dropping the seats atm lol. Also cant unlock the door if the battery goes flat obviously. So I will be sorting that asap, I have the original key card and my local dealer make them on site so will be getting one cut for about £30 just for doors and boot.

There is a knocking drop link but I've been given a new pair to fit that he hadn't got round to.

Air con doesn't work, might be as simple as a regas but will only get that sorted if it's cheap enough, I do like AC in summer and will sell better with it working.

It's about due a service if you can call that a problem.

Apart from that, there doesn't seem to be anything majorly wrong with it. Bodywork is pretty much perfect bar a tiny scuff about the size of a postage stamp and of course stone chips on the bonnet at this mileage as well.

(01-06-2016, 11:53 AM)cully Wrote: Ummm I hope you HPI checked it
looks like a good swap for you

I think if it was me on my own id be looking at getting rid of the focus and running this one for a while

well done for holding out till something Positive to come along

ThumbsUp

I've never HPI'd a car in my life... If it's been written off it's been repaired really well lol. I trust the guy anyway tbh.

It's a nice car, but it's no Focus! The Focus will be staying for now, it's worth more to me than what I've spent on it and the depreciation now. I don't really get attached to cars but I would struggle to part with the Focus now, haven't seen another that even comes close in terms of optional extras and condition. Confused

Yeah I'm glad I did hold out, was getting silly offers of £8/900 on the '6!

(01-06-2016, 11:53 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Would really like one of these if the engine wasnt so disapointing
150 from 2.0l isn't brilliant

I agree it's not much, and the 1.0 Ecoboost is a far better engine but I doubt I'd get a swap with one of them lol. However it is lighter than a '6 (yeah ok that's not hard lol) and is much more revvy like a 1.8 306 or indeed the ZR K series, compared with the 'lazy' GTi6 engine. I really am surprised by the performance from it tbh. Will wait until I've taken it for a decent run before coming on top end performance though.

(01-06-2016, 11:53 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I really like that. What a deal. Who cares if you didn't HPI it, even if it were a Cat C it's worth the swap!

If it were mine I think I'd leave it as it is or maybe remove the stripes but leave the bottoms of the doors as they are.

Nuts though, I'd give you the £1200 you wanted for the '6 for it Wink

Yeah I've got no plans to remove the stripes, want everyone to know I'm a boyracer...be interesting to see if I still get cut up as much as I do in the Focus! lol

Nice try but it's not for sale yet haha. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I quite like those.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 12:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've never HPI'd a car in my life...  If it's been written off it's been repaired really well lol.  I trust the guy anyway tbh.

That's brave on the face of what looks to be a deal somewhat weighted in your favour.

For what it's worth, it's at least not showing as stolen.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
It's a guy Rowell and I have known for like 5 years or more, very well known in the car scene down here, would've been different if it'd been a randomer from ebay/gumtree.

How do you find if it's stolen for free? Though I always just assume it's unlikely to be stolen if the V5 is present and correct lol.
Thanks given by:
Gutted you got rid of the '6 but at least you're happy with it.

And doesn't look to bad tbf, I quite like it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
HPI maybe for insurance right offs and stolen

I would be more worried about existing finance on the car

if there is you will loose the car to the finance bailifs no questions asked no refund at all with a lost 6 too

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Why all the speculation all of a sudden? Jesus, the lad got a good deal from someone known in the car scene.

Tom, just do one of those £3 text checks to shut this lot up Smile
Thanks given by:
He's too tight to pay for one of those JJ lol
As said Tom, really does looks nice! Looking forward to some more photos though Tongue
Thanks given by:
having had one of these, I'd take the centre caps off and keep them indoors

easy to pop off and people do steal them
I know of a few of them locally which have had the bumper, lights, bonnet taken off overnight
Thanks given by:
I had one a while back. Lasted 3 days and the engine went due to oil starvation
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 02:01 PM)cully Wrote: HPI maybe for insurance right offs and stolen

I would be more worried about existing finance on the car

if there is you will loose the car to the finance bailifs no questions asked no refund at all with a lost 6 too

That's not strictly true, even the HPI website says so...
Thanks given by:
Lol at the thread title
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Liking the positivity in here. lol

If anyone wants to do a text check you're more than welcome, I'm pretty sure Harry would've noticed any finance on it and I would spot any crash damage lol. And I won't be stripping it to keep indoors, if it's survived 8 years I'm sure it's fine, I don't live in a rough city centre or anything lol.

Anyway, I'm sure I gave the guys at ford a giggle today... went in with my key code card and asked for a key...to find out it's the code for the locking wheel nut key!! lmao

Can't find the actual key code which is disappointing but the old barrel was in a door pocket. I've disassembled it and each 'plate' has a number on it...do those numbers make up the key code? Or is that just wishful thinking lol?
Thanks given by:
Very nice. Wanted one of these before but never wanted to stump up the cash for something with roughly the same power as my XUD because I'm a bit cheap lol
Thanks given by:
Yes Tom those emails numbers do mean something, it's the depths of the cut, off the top of my head I can't remember which way round it goes but it's something like 0 is no cut, 1 is shallow, 2 slightly more ect. if you catch my drift? Tell them the numbers and explain which order they go and they should be able to cut you one. If not, let me know and I'll get one sent to you
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 08:19 PM)Connor Wrote: Yes Tom those emails numbers do mean something, it's the depths of the cut, off the top of my head I can't remember which way round it goes but it's something like 0 is no cut, 1 is shallow, 2 slightly more ect. if you catch my drift? Tell them the numbers and explain which order they go and they should be able to cut you one. If not, let me know and I'll get one sent to you

yes that's true as I used to cut keys including ford, it's 1 2 3 4 though iirc, 1 being no cut, I can actually look at a ford key and tell you the code, yes I am clever, if u send me some good pics via pm on fb I can tell u the code more often than not, I used to offer that service in the shop Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah I couldn't remember ifor it was 0-3 or 1-4, easy to tell on a newish key, but have you ever tried a transit with 200k+ miles on it lol also just had a thought, post a clear picture of your key, let me and Matt work out the numbers and either you can rearrange the door barrels or I have loads of spares I could send to make up the right combination
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks but I've already had an offer of sending pics to have the code deciphered on the Ford forum...thing is I don't have the key lol, that's kinda why I need one. lol

Do you know if the code starts from the top or bottom of the key/lock Matt? As I say I've got the knackered barrel apart and the internal plates in order so can get the code from them I assume, unless I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Cheers Connor, if I can't get it sorted at the local one tomorrow I'll drop you a PM. Smile

In other news, the Focus needed screenwash topping up after getting back this evening...which turned into topping up the Fiesta screenwash....which then ended up with a full interior clean and quick exterior clean lol... Getting dark time I finished so the pics are a little weird, you get the idea though, its now clean enough to drive but will need further exterior cleaning. Smile

[Image: QsLmnWE.jpg]

[Image: b4P1VfL.jpg]

[Image: JeYVw3J.jpg]

[Image: kGXPb1y.jpg]

[Image: p0VzK2Z.jpg]

[Image: 9JV0Ajp.jpg]

[Image: e4DecAn.jpg]

[Image: 10zdq7w.jpg]

Update on the key situation, the code starts from the 'top' of the blade, closest to the fob. Sorted. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I have no idea why but I really like this, apart from the awful blue top of the dash.
Thanks given by:
The blue bottom console is worse...its broken and moves with the gearstick which is really annoying lol. I'm already wondering how cheap I can get a standard colour dash surround and stereo. Rolleyes lol And a boot popper too. Might have to go on a scrappy trip next week. Wink

Gonna plug Forscan in tomorrow to see if that shows any air con faults, if not, might have to get in into Bashs place for a pressure test if not.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 09:37 PM)Connor Wrote: Yeah I couldn't remember ifor it was 0-3 or 1-4, easy to tell on a newish key, but have you ever tried a transit with 200k+ miles on it lol also just had a thought, post a clear picture of your key, let me and Matt work out the numbers and either you can rearrange the door barrels or I have loads of spares I could send to make up the right combination

yes mate lol, it's more difficult but they all wear down at the same rate so it's relative kind of Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
A good deal there tom, about time you got a little pocket rocket. 150 bhp in a car that size isn't to be laughed at, but I think the 150 bhp from a 2 litre engine is a little disappointing,
Thanks given by: