175's on Dturbo Alloys?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
175's on Dturbo Alloys?
Hey folks,

My last 306 was an xldt with steel wheels. When the tyres were done, I changed down from the 185's to 175's  - this was listed somewhere as being OK to do (think in the handbook), I don't thrash my cars and I found it gave me a good bit more clearance in the arches to avoid liner rub.

Now have a 97 (early phase 2) D turbo with the usual D turbo alloys, and need new tyres. Wondering if the alloys have the option of 175's too, or if that is too narrow for them. Just so I know my options. I quite like the 185's appearance, but to be honest when I changed down on the last car, I didn't notice any loss of handling or grip  - actually the car drove nicer on the slimmer tyres.

cheers
Craig
Thanks given by:
Goodness..they will likely fit...

Would you want to run a 1180kg car with a torquey diesel on 175s.... I think I'd rather walk
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
theyre 1080 not 1180.

handbook says 175s is fine.

if you need skinny tyres so it doesnt rub however, your beam is shot.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 07:43 AM)welshpug Wrote: theyre 1080 not 1180.

handbook says 175s is fine.

if you need skinny tyres so it doesnt rub however, your beam is shot.

Really? You sure...I'm 99% sure ph2 dturbos were more than 1080
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Im running 175s on the wifes as i had some lying about tht needed wearing out. Theyre fine. Its an untuned five door heap though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2016, 08:35 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Im running 175s on the wifes as i had some lying about tht needed wearing out. Theyre fine. Its an untuned five door heap though

and what about the car?  Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: