Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Gear
All new Top Gear tonight at 8pm BBC2.
Thanks given by:
It won't be the same... Sad

I'll probably watch it anyway though.
Thanks given by:
8 million will watch it just to say I told you so. I don't mind Chris Evans so will give him the benefit of 2 episodes before i make judgement
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking it's going to be pretty good. From what I've seen and heard it should be.

It won't be same as it was, but how can it be. You'll have to pay for Amazon Prime to watch The Grand Tour.
Thanks given by:
Worth a watch for the first show, may even watch the whole series before I pass judgment.

Chances are, I'll watch one,say it's wan(k) and then watch the rest of the series because it has cars.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2016, 06:31 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Worth a watch for the first show, may even watch the whole series before I pass judgment.

Chances are, I'll watch one,say it's wan(k) and then watch the rest of the series because it has cars.

This, basically. lol

Won't be the same without the lads, think they've gone a bit overboard with the multitude of presenters, but we'll see, won't we... Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ill watch it because it has cars in but if matt lewhite and chris evans start shouting wahoo and doing topgearish shit ill be annoyed.
Thanks given by:
From the previews it looks too much they are just trying to be old top gear which it won't be but I'll end up watching the whole series.
Thanks given by:
Worst.
Episode.
Ever.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
is it being repeated?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I would think it'll be on iplayer shortly, yeah.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
It will be on iPlayer.

It was fine! It was exactly the same as the old topgear if not better! The only difference is the cast.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2016, 08:06 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: is it being repeated?

I hope not.
Thanks given by:
I missed most of it because of reasons. Worth watching again?
Thanks given by:
I only saw the last 20 minutes and thought it was a bit cringe worthy really.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I thought it was crap tbh.

I can't stand Chris Evans though so that doesn't help tbf. Star in the car is still as bad as it used to be, just with a dirtier car. Reliant bit was completely unnecessary, boring and a waste of time. Other than that, its just trying too hard as were the latest few series of TG. Would've been better to let it go and start up a different car programme, preferably with more of Schmidt driving, I reckon she could give the stig a run for his money!

Anyway, C4 comedy Gala is on now, considerably better than tonight's TG!
Thanks given by:
Didn't like how Evans tried to imitate Clarkson with voice over at the start. Other than that, it's a watchable programme.
Thanks given by:
Let me start by saying I quite like Chris Evans alot of the time and am not a massive fanboy. I watched with an open mind and my review is as follows.

New New Top Gear is not as good as Old New Top Gear and Evans (and Schmidt) are shit presenters. LeBlanc was the only watchable presenter and really shone out as being a true talent, genuinely funny when he appeared scripted and when he didn't and appeared genuinely interested.

I like the Rallycross element to SiaRPC but the interviews of "celebrities" were worse than ever and in all fairness the UK vs USA thing was pretty good considering how shit Evans made everything look. LeBlanc in the Nomad was a genuinely brilliant segment and taken on its own or even compared to Clarkson Era Top Gear was right up there.

Evans should f*ck off back to TGIF, Schmidt back to German Top Gear and they should bring forward the 2 blokes from Extra Gear (who can actually present and be genuinely funny) to work with LeBlanc who is an absolute star.
Thanks given by:
I always think shmittzzzleeeeeeeee is really good. I love how she said the Chevrolet suspension is crap like Ferrari. Could easily just watch an hour of her.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2016, 09:41 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I always think shmittzzzleeeeeeeee is really good. I love how she said the Chevrolet suspension is crap like Ferrari. Could easily just watch an hour of her.

Dude she's uncharismatic and barely funny, alright she's a good driver but looks wise I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me she used to be a man.

Actually, now I think about it I can see why yoouuu like her.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2016, 10:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(29-05-2016, 09:41 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I always think shmittzzzleeeeeeeee is really good. I love how she said the Chevrolet suspension is crap like Ferrari. Could easily just watch an hour of her.

Dude she's uncharismatic and barely funny, alright she's a good driver but looks wise I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me she used to be a man.

Actually, now I think about it I can see why yoouuu like her.

Say's you... lol
Thanks given by:
I watched 5 mins and turned it off
Thanks given by:
It's an hour of Chris Evans trying to be Clarkson, LeBlanc trying to be Hammond, and the rest of them trying to do something in place of May.. as a car show its ok, as top gear it's a shame.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Just watched it as I recorded it.

Hate to say it but I actually enjoyed that.
Thanks given by:
I think this thread just shows you can't please everyone all the time...
Thanks given by:
I think it should have been pulled years ago, before it all went tits up.
Thanks given by:
Chris ruins it.
Matt saved it.

Imo.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2016, 12:42 PM)procta Wrote: I think it should have been pulled years ago, before it all went tits up.
There is part of me that says the "fracas" was all a massive conspiracy. How many were in on it I haven't decided.
If Clarkson just left and said he was going to try and have more money and less rules from amazon then the backlash would have been against him but cos people mentally blame the BBC for Clarkson leaving he gets more of a following to Amazon and so probably more money.

(30-05-2016, 01:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: Chris ruins it.
Matt saved it.

Imo.

This!
Thanks given by: