Gem - Tonys Cabby - oops she broke...... :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gem - Tonys Cabby - oops she broke...... :(
Some work has gone into this cat, fair play and nice result. Think the wheels suit it actually.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2016, 06:46 AM)C2K Wrote: Some work has gone into this cat,  fair play and nice result. Think the wheels suit it actually.

Thanks  Smile

it has been a labour of love, The wheels are about to be refurbished, as they are a little kurbed, and the wrong color. Tongue

They are going to be going satin black, as i think they will suit the car even better. The color scheme if you have not noticed, is Black and Newport Orange. 

Tony.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(16-07-2016, 05:34 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: She is now sporting nice new top mounts and drop links

My word what a difference they have made. The old top mounts were fooked beyond belief, the mount was pitted and the race had so much play in it.

The passenger side drop link was not even tight ffs... But alas they are all sorted now, and thanks to Xsikid for lending me his spring compressors Smile

My pleasure bud :-) keep the updates coming
Thanks given by:
Cheers bud Smile

so, small update

Before

[Image: A09B1096-D565-4739-981D-37B487417F0D.jpg]

After

[Image: 5B177B05-A605-4D51-AF99-66D6E6AEAA17.jpg]

and yes, i have only done the near side Tongue still waiting on paint for the other two Smile lol.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
havnt looked at this thread since youve had it. looks good. not a big fan of the wheels. personal taste though they dont look off putting. love the interior and im also with the walnut dash, it just goes with those leathers and that color any other car would look dumb with them. keep up the good work. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers bash Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
I don't like black wheels but that's personal preference, rest of it seems to be coming on well though!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

one very sick cabby :Sadhe rattle is definatly coming from the cat area, 

it is down on power, and when on the throttle, its hissing quite loudly. 

Going to go see jonny tomorrow evening and see what magic he can do Smile ha ha

ffs cant get the video to display Sad
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Now sorted with thanks to Jonny and his welding skills Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
So, slight update.

My alloys only came with 3 centre caps. 

For Xmas I got a 3D printer, so here is my almost finished design 

[Image: 91BBE5F7-75BC-4C42-97A5-35407DEE5835.jpg]

Body coloured inlay these should look sweet when installed, just need to flat off the laquer then give them a little polish and should be good to go.

3D printer FTW 

Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
nice centre caps man. good work love the 3d printing!!

also the spoiler is still here. i STILL need to package it. ill get it done this weekend for you as ive got 4 days off.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks bash,

It has been hard work designing these things, the last time I used an auto cad was back in 99 ha ha

The stuff you can do with freeware programs is amazing. I am using a program called autodesk fusion 360
The stuff you can see on my caps was the easy part, actually getting them to be as close to the original retaining system was the hard part Smile

As for the spoiler, I'm happy for it to be bubble wrapped, as it's going to be re-sprayed

Tony
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
the other day, she decided to snap her NS spring Sad

[Image: 8BC35E78-0D9D-49A0-B172-4DDDF8DC75B8.jpg]

Thanks GEM....... Sad
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
mmm. that's the side mine snapped a few years ago.
too may potholes perhaps?
claim from your council for repair?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Already tried that with the blue one, unfortunately you need garage estimates and a pot hole,

I don't have either lol.

But, as per jonnys recommendation, I went with some D-Turdo -30mm springs, as she is running VTS shocks, these came in yesterday, and are already fitted to the car Smile

Will upload pics later, as I'm currently learning how to design a new RC plane on Fusion 360. This will be one I will be able to print on my 3d printer Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tonys 306 Cabby - Dead... insomaniac45 25 3,870 10-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45