Engine management light came on ,, 306 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine management light came on ,, 306 hdi
Basically I was out for a drive , some rain in places and the car started juddering a little and not running as it should 

Soon as I put my foot Down. The car went sluggish and the engine management light came on 

It didn't stall once , but at around 2.5k revs that's when it went sluggish and did it from that point on 

Don't suppose anyone has had this problem before 

Thanks
Thanks given by:
I did some time back.
mine was 'flagged' as throttle pos sensor on a code reader.
otherwise it could be your MAF.
get it plugged in & see what codes are stored.
also 2.5k rpm is the max limit in 'limp mode'
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
with the ignition off, pull some of the easy to access sensors and plugs and give em a pop with the WD40..
it might be you flooded one or 2 when you went for a swim,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I've plugged it into a diagnostic machine and it came back with throttle position sensor A. And B

Does that mean it's to sensors or just one.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
the tps has a dual circuit setup. I think the ecu does a comparison/average to control the map.
there is a thread in the guides section on how to strip, clean, lube & reassemble one.
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=9969
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 09:49 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: the tps has a dual circuit setup. I think the ecu does a comparison/average to control the map.
there is a thread in the guides section on how to strip, clean, lube & reassemble one.
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=9969

I'll have a look at it.  Thanks very much
Thanks given by:
Before stripping the TPS take a look at the pins and inside the plug that's on the harness. The way the connector sits allows water to sit on the top of the plug and water gets in slowly over time causing the pins on both the connector and plug to corrode.

Clean the pins in the TPS and slide something thin and small between the contacts on the plug to clean any corrosion off there.

A good connection will sort most issues out.

It might also be with disconnecting the battery and undoing the main engine loom plug on the chassis leg and cleaning the contacts in there to as I found a lot of green corrosion in there before.
Thanks given by:
I've took the clip off the sensor and there's not dirt in there what so ever... However. When it's cold is when the tps plays up but after a mile or 3 down the road it seem to sort it self out but after a while it will go back to playing up again. I'm in 2 minds weather to just replace it and have the fault code cleared or set the car alight because how can it work one minute and not the next. ( the management light has been on all the time )

Any ideas ?
Thanks given by:
It's not dirt that gets in there it's corrosion that causes intermittent connection.

Did you try pushing a pin or something in each of the holes of the plug on the cable or some contact cleaner in there?

Sometimes it's the actual sensor breaking down.

£90 for a new one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331069960268?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks given by:
well now its got even worse , when i start it the idle is not consistent (it goes lower than what it would normally idle at , and goes past 1k revs ) , tried to drive to local shops and the car kept cutting the throttle ,, no stalling,, just rather annoying

dont know if its worth replacing the tps to see if it does anything at all or just sell the car for scrap ,, seen as the car isn't worth much and pointless putting load of money into it
Thanks given by:
Try a used one from a breakers or off ebay.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine light always on and had slight run-on CaptainHair 0 912 02-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  Engine Management Light Is On Josh1994 1 1,203 05-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Engine management light E_KEL95 2 1,424 11-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Poodle