206 2.0lt '02 engine query

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 2.0lt '02 engine query
hi all. Just a quick question before I start anything, I have a 1.4 306 on a 2000 plate. The body work is next to perfect, zero rust or anything bad, it has a gti6 disk rear beam and gti6 front legs on spax lowered springs 

I've got a 206 '02 2.0ltr engine, would the engine fit the 1.4 box? 
A lot of people are saying don't do it, but I want something sharp, not a normal 2.0ltr box with a long ratio, also going to be using a omeX rev limiter, so the box doesn't shatter 

But does it fit the 1.4 box? 

Many thanks
Thanks given by:
no, wont fit the chocolate teapot gearbox.

omex rev limiter wont help either.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Are the drive shafts from the 2ltr the same length for a straight swap?
Thanks given by:
Drive shafts are different
gearbox will not fit, different series engine. 2.0 is EW I presume and 1.4 is TU
Thanks given by:
So I'd need the legs from the 206 too. For the conversion?
Thanks given by:
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're asking these sorts of questions then you're not in a position where you're going to be able to do an EW engine conversion.

There's numerous issues to overcome which is in part why it's not common - especially in the case that you're using a later (post-multiplex AFAIK) 206.

To be honest, if you've got a 1.4 then just replace it with a quicker car outright rather than trying to change what you've got.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I didn't take it the wrong way, I can do the conversion no problem. As I have a team of 5 mechanics. Plus myself. That is not an issue. I have never converted a Peugeot. And I don't want to do the typical mi engine I.e (gti6 engine). I wanted something different. And wanted to know if it would fit. I have the whole donor car. So I have everything I need from the 206 to make the transplant
I was just wondering on issues with it
Thanks given by:
Buy a 6, job done
Thanks given by:
Anything can be made to fit, If you want a box that will die every week then fit the MA box, But as said you really need to know the basic's and getting a multi plex loom working in a 306 is not simple, also you need better running gear, brakes and the list goes on, it will be slower than a 6 as well
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
even if you did get the 1.4 box to fit, its not strong enough to handle the 2.0l torque.

As Miles said, anything can be made to fit, but expect long delays, head aches, and swearing as you iwill get massive hang ups. You would be much better fitting a rover V6 and going RWD :p
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel pump query Orta 3 1,252 27-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile