Decent few hours on the front of the 6 this afternoon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent few hours on the front of the 6 this afternoon
Hi all had a couple hours spare today so set about making a start on the front suspension. Billstein b12 kit and everything else new, genuine Peugeot. Was going great but my phase 2 gti6 has 16mm hubs and I got 18mm ball joints! Not a problem I thought because I have a phase 3 xsi and was sure they would be 18mm. Nope they was 16mm also (or at least the driver side was so that stopped play for today. Got some on the bay so will get it done next weekend now lol. PITA !!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Getting deja vu reading that lol.

Wtf happened to that spring!? Confused
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2016, 07:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Getting deja vu reading that lol.

Felt Spec Rofl
Thanks given by:

Lol just making sure that you read it enough times!!!! Lmao one day I will learn how to use the forum properly but until then ile keep repeating myself, repeating myself!!! Ha ha . Erm I cut it coz I couldn't be arsed to undo the new spring and the kit I bought doesn't include a new top bit thingy from billstein or Peugeot so just cut then up Rofl
Thanks given by:
Looks like you had fun then! lol

Oh, I edited your post for you to remove the multitude of duplicate quotes. God only knows how you managed that. Wink You're welcome though. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2016, 07:21 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Looks like you had fun then! lol

Oh, I edited your post for you to remove the multitude of duplicate quotes. God only knows how you managed that. Wink You're welcome though. Big Grin

Thanks fella as you can tell Iv mastered the art of the forum!!! Lol at 42 years old I still have trouble with ANYTHING to do with electronic Devizes . Erm yeah had fun but at least it was sunny
Thanks given by:
Age is irrelevant mate, I'm sure you'll get there in the end. Wink At least you're trying!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You cut a spring under pressure? Not sure I would've done but looks like it worked lol!
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2016, 08:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You cut a spring under pressure?  Not sure I would've done but looks like it worked lol!

Yes mate it was not too bad just got a lil pissy with it because I needed the spring top plate that goes under the top mount. Tbh it wasn't my greatest idea but I still got 9 fingers left....... O bugger where did number 10 go Rofl
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2016, 08:21 PM)Xsikid Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 08:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You cut a spring under pressure?  Not sure I would've done but looks like it worked lol!

Yes mate it was not too bad just got a lil pissy with it because I needed the spring top plate that goes under the top mount. Tbh it wasn't my greatest idea but I still got 9 fingers left....... O bugger where did number 10 go Rofl

Haha, who needs all 10 anyway! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I have had a f*ck on with mine, due to bolts been a bastard and the wrong springs been given to me, so the car had a 2 inch lift from standard! I had to go to Peugeot in the end, for the correct springs, as I am not f*cking about anymore with pattern copy stuff.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2016, 09:11 PM)procta Wrote: I have had a f*ck on with mine, due to bolts been a bastard and the wrong springs been given to me, so the car had a 2 inch lift from standard! I had to go to Peugeot in the end, for the correct springs, as I am not f*cking about anymore with pattern copy stuff.

I'm with you on that bud Iv fitted cheaper parts before but in the end they aren't as good so best to buy genuine me thinks
Thanks given by:
Well I finally finished drivers side started on passenger side but I can't undo the hub nut. Jaysus the drivers side wasn't that hard!! Just downed a can or red bull so hopefully with my new found wings it will fly off now :-))
Thanks given by:
Well that's fooked it just snapped my 1/2 inch breaker bar FFS! Sometimes peugeots just win. Hate that grrrrr
Thanks given by:
Impact wrench ftw on hub nuts! Wink
Thanks given by:
Drilled it then split the nut in the end!! All that's left now is to torque the hub nuts up next weekend then I'm just about ready for f c s
Thanks given by:
At least someone is ready for fcs Rofl I'm no where near
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 11:43 AM)Matt Wrote: At least someone is ready for fcs Rofl I'm no where near

Well I'm NEARLY ready lol just got to get the old tre off that's fricking near welded on and torque the hub nuts then I'm done Blush not long now thou mate
Thanks given by:
I've only got a few bits to make right and I'll be happy
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

its an IKEA Flat pack spring
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 07:15 PM)toseland Wrote:

its an IKEA Flat pack spring

It's sveeedish ya?
Thanks given by: