Tool Kit for boot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tool Kit for boot
I'm currently in the middle of a small project to make a toolkit to keep in the boot and I'm wondering what essential tools I should have in it.

Using an old socket tin and flight case foam so everything will have it's own place. (Pics will be in my shed thread once I get far enough along)

So far I have:

This socket set
Mulgrips
10mm spanner
13mm spanner

Will also have cable ties, tape, breaker bar as those are a given.

I am wondering whether I need to bother with the spanners if I have the socket set. Want to work it all out before I start cutting the foam up.
Thanks given by:
I've tended to keep the following in a sarnie box;
pliers, normal & long nose
screwdrivers, flat & posi
small selection of combi-spanners
small Torx set
35mm film container of spare fuses
insulating tape
and in a separate box, an OBD-2 reader

hope that helps (I've prob forgot something)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
To that add;
Hammer
Screwdriver, allen and torx kit (one driver interchangable tip)
Self amalgamating hose tape
Gaffa tape
Cable ties
Very small fag lighter tyre pump
Work Lamp
Giant jubilee clip (I could wear the thing like a belt)

And sensible things:
First aid kit
Hi vis
Warning Triangle
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 07:51 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: To that add;
Hammer
Screwdriver, allen and torx kit (one driver interchangable tip)
Self amalgamating hose tape
Gaffa tape
Cable ties
Very small fag lighter tyre pump
Work Lamp
Giant jubilee clip (I could wear the thing like a belt)

And sensible things:
First aid kit
Hi vis
Warning Triangle

I knew I'd forgot things Blush
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Socket for the breaker bar same size as your wheel nuts....
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
I'll just leave this here >>>

[Image: IMG_0633_zps148837a0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I keep a halfords 200pc kit and a breaker bar in the boot. All the other stuff in the toolbox's at home
Thanks given by:
I keep...

Erm...

Oh yeah, first aid kit and my breakdown card.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 08:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: I keep...

Erm...

Oh yeah, first aid kit and my breakdown card.

First aid kit is under passenger seat as standard and RAC card in the glovebox  ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
I keep a 3/8" set, screwdrivers - pos, neg, couple of torx, wheel brace, jack and always have a multitool in my bag anyway which will have a knife, pliers and snips. Oh and there'll always be some electrical tape...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lol. Im so un unprepared day to day i have a set of jump leads and a rag. Jump leads to start it and rag jut in case she goes to over run. If i go on a long trip i take tool kits
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 08:51 PM)Ruan Wrote: I keep a 3/8" set, screwdrivers - pos, neg, couple of torx, wheel brace, jack and always have a multitool in my bag anyway which will have a knife, pliers and snips. Oh and there'll always be some electrical tape...

Oh yeah, I've got a pen knife. The knife is probably the single most used tool in my boot. Well worth having but worth having well put away (mine is in a sealed tub in the box inside my boot) and make sure you are happy with your legality of having it there with regards to offensive weapon/points & blades.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 08:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 08:51 PM)Ruan Wrote: I keep a 3/8" set, screwdrivers - pos, neg, couple of torx, wheel brace, jack and always have a multitool in my bag anyway which will have a knife, pliers and snips. Oh and there'll always be some electrical tape...

Oh yeah, I've got a pen knife. The knife is probably the single most used tool in my boot. Well worth having but worth having well put away (mine is in a sealed tub in the box inside my boot) and make sure you are happy with your legality of having it there with regards to offensive weapon/points & blades.

Keep mine in it's pouch and in my bag, I rarely leave home without my bag anyway!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 09:21 PM)Ruan Wrote:

Keep mine in it's pouch and in my bag, I rarely leave home without my bag anyway!

Well where would you keep your make up and tampons if you didn't have a handbag Rofl
Thanks given by:
Ruan is never seen without his backpack
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've driven 20k miles in under a year and a half with no tools and no breakdown cover. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
In the Focus I have the 200pc Halfords tool kit, ratchet strapped to the boot to stop it moving, and the ratchet strap can be used as an emergency 'hold shit together' kinda thing. I also have a couple of multitools in the glovebox. And a tow rope. Oh and the OBD reader, if that counts as a tool. I have been thinking I could do with cable ties and tape just in case a hose pops or wires wear through though...

In the 306 I just have a mutlitool. Really need to get the small socket set from the 'rents to put in there! Confused

I do have RAC personal cover as an absolute last resort, but in all honesty I'd likely drive home unless the car literally wouldn't move, deal with the consequences later!
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 09:41 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Well where would you keep your make up and tampons if you didn't have a handbag  Rofl

Well, quite.

Not to mention my large collection of ladies underwear, bottles of poppers and S-Club 7 CDs.
Thanks given by:
BMW has a toolkit as standard (a crap one but sure) but I do keep a few in there, though I've never needed any whistle

I will keep more in the 306 though I don't think it'll take as well to my mileage/Irish roads as the bmw

I definitely recommend a hammer along with a small bottle jack and a few 8's, 10's, 12's & 13's
Thanks given by:
I used to carry loads...

Just ended up getting in the way n never being used.

But for most pugs. 8/10/13mm spanners, big gripd screwdriver, cable ties n some tape would help you get home with most issues
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 11:30 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 09:41 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Well where would you keep your make up and tampons if you didn't have a handbag  Rofl

Well, quite.

Not to mention my large collection of ladies underwear, bottles of poppers and S-Club 7 CDs.

You keep s-club7 cds. Old school. All of my s-club7 stuff is on mp3s man keep up
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I keep my Halfords 200pc in the BM purely as I have no room in the shed.

I do have one of those stretchy tow ropes under the boot floor & ive used it multiple times over the years to help others but other than my RAC card I'm not interested in laying under the car at the side of the road anymore.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2016, 06:13 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I keep my Halfords 200pc in the BM purely as I have no room in the shed.

I do have one of those stretchy tow ropes under the boot floor & ive used it multiple times over the years to help others but other than my RAC card I'm not interested in laying under the car at the side of the road anymore.

Yeah this. I think I do carry a tow rope n booster cables from memory just more to help others.

I figure...if I cant limp it home...I'm not fixing it here....so recovery or ring a mate

Rather have that scenario once a year (at most) and not carry 20kg of tools rattilng around... ?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yeh i just have a halfords tool kit and a universal screwdriver and a box of decent bits. Ive then got a breaker bar, tyre pump, tape measures, obd reader, 3 types of pliers, snips, scissors and an assortment of electrical tape and cable ties.
Thanks given by:
I have a small motorbike toolkit that pretty much has everything I need in it to fix most simple things. Tape a huge mikalor clamp and some stickers
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Torx / allen keys are a must I found, at least in a Peugeot they are!
Thanks given by:
I'm so unprepared. I don't think I've got a breaker bar or a jack to change my wheel

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2016, 05:02 PM)Dazecoop Wrote: Torx / allen keys are a must I found, at least in a Peugeot they are!

Make sure you have a 7mm Allen key too!
Thanks given by:
Chemical metal or something similar aswell id say.. all the breakdowns ive had haven't been fixable lol, clutch ripping itself to bits, diff decided it prefered to live outside and an aux belt snap and knock timing out lol

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 5,450 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  Mapping/ecu flash tool Razorback_Rob 10 3,460 21-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Last Post: 205steve
  Drilling Tool? silverzx 24 4,343 13-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ruan