rear brake hoses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear brake hoses
The brake hoses on my new beams have rotten rubber, so new ones are in order. They are the same length on each side, but one has a bigger hole on the inside. Does it matter? Could I use two left side ones as long as the length is correct? My dealer doesnt specify inside size. Just which union that fits and lenght. Can't find any right side with the correct lenght.. hehe
Thanks given by:
the hoses I fitted to ours xmas time where different lengths, cant remember which side was longer, r/h/side I think, but some suggested use 2 of the same length.
Don't remember there being different union sizes thou, still have receipt so can look up part numbers.

as long as the hoses are long enough so they don't bend tooooo much and pinch, or not long enough and "strain", they should be ok??

they have to accommodate the suspension movement

if they are too long and stick out and can possibly be caught and ripped out due to road debris, then they may fail and mot test?, you have annual safety tests of the car in Norway?
Thanks given by:
ok, so they don't have to be a certain lenght to work as they should? Its just not bend to much or stretch. Alright!

Safety tests every 2 years Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,667 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Uneven brake drag on rear wheels balkan_bozo 2 2,025 21-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: balkan_bozo
  Rear brake compensator leaking Ben 4 2,914 24-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Ben