Kolinski - The Supercharged GTi6 Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolinski - The Supercharged GTi6 Daily
Thanks for all the replies guys, need to get this sorted now really.

Guys thoughts:

Quote:6v is a little low, however, the ECU is live because Run Time is counting and is receiving the correct signal from the crank sensor, Engine Speed is showing a correct value and Stat Sync’d is going ON. Providing the calibration is correct this means the ECU is operating its outputs so I would advise you to check the coil and injectors have a power supply whilst cranking the engine.

So without sounding like a douche bag, how do I check the coil and injectors have a good power supply? I'm very noob when it comes to wiring / electricals so it's all new to me.

I've looked at these from: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread....340&page=1

My coil wiring is different to this right so what am I prodding where with my multimeter to check for power supply whilst cranking?

[Image: Injectors.jpg]
[Image: Coils.jpg]

Here's few pics of the bay / plugs / etc.

The bay:
[Image: IMG_9740.jpg]

Injectors plug 1:
[Image: IMG_9741.jpg]

Coil pack plug:
[Image: IMG_9742.jpg]

Wiring going to Relays & Omex:
[Image: IMG_9744.jpg]

Relays for coils, injectors, lambda, fans, have tried switching these around, no difference, are working fine.
[Image: IMG_9745.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
If its stinking of fuel... Well... Then its probably got fuel!

Pull the plugs and see if they are wet....defo fuel then
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 01:00 PM)Piggy Wrote: If its stinking of fuel... Well... Then its probably got fuel!

Pull the plugs and see if they are wet....defo fuel then

Yeah, I'm certain it has fuel, it doesn't have spark though, guess I'll need to rip all the electrical tape back and inspect the wires fully from plug to ECU?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Tom had the same issue of the ecu drivers failing had to go for a different model of dta ecu in the end
Thanks given by:
send the ecu to omex
Thanks given by:
Right, I'm sure it's the ECU.

Have traced the three wires back from the coil pack back to the ECU (red 12v live feed, voilet ign1 ,yellow ign2), these wires appear fine.

Have tested the red 12v live feed, it flicks to 11.8v for a second when the ignition is turned on, then instantly goes to zero and stays at zero, regardless of if the engine is being cranked.

Will be ringing Omex tomorrow morning to send ECU back unless anyone else has anything to add?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Any more news on kolinski bud?
Thanks given by:
Does unfortunately sound like an ECU fault which is really disappointing. Its already been fixed once!
Do you know anyone else in the local area with a Omex on their car where you may be able to try and swap ecus to prove the fault?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Gotta say I'm surprised the engine electrics failed before you'd managed to crash it into the gorge.
Thanks given by: silverzx
Big update:

Turns out the problem was a dodgy coil pack wire from ECU to coils.

Car runs and drives (has done for a few months now), however it mostly just sits around 99% of the time gathering fly shit and blackberry bird shits (very colourful might I add).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
any photos? D:
Thanks given by:
Nice to hear it's fixed

Now get it out on track Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Thought it was a "daily"?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yahh it still lives
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear you got it back up and running fine, but shame to hear its not getting much use Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up Niall 1,660 570,151 22-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Tallguy_2
  Gti6 Supercharged Track Car cjm_harris 61 35,420 24-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Last Post: cjm_harris